• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I literally said the same thing earlier! Apple sells *millions* of iphones on launch day, all of which have to be sent to retailers and stores all over the world and all over the country, and yet I don't remember anyone ever being worried they might not get their new iphone on launch day. It can be done, but AMD/Nvidia just don't care enough.

I have ordered an iPhone on launch day twice directly from them. It is a seamless experience. When placing your order you know when it will be delivered - it tells you and is minimum 1 week later. If you miss the first wave, then you still know when you will get it but it may be a few later. That is Apple though who are massive and control most of the supply chain.

Soldato
I ordered elsewhere, I was never going to pay the ridiculous OcUK Tax/Gibbo's car gofundme, not that it seems to have worked out much better though :p

Got through the order 'fine', if extremely slowly, had to authorise via the Monzo app but the payment is showing as gone/accepted and I got the initial email at 14:11 for a 5900X, but nothing since, the order isn't showing up in my account (made after checking out as a guest) so yeah... not exactly holding out much hope... I'll chase it up tomorrow if I can't check the order status at least.
Same place, same exact time, 5600x,same as you no order on my page for it, email in my inbox says ordered, money is authorisation in PayPal

Soldato
So what happened then? Similar to the Nvidia launch - website crashes all round? Did all the UK stock sell out in minutes or was it hours? With the Nvidia launch it seemed like hardly anyone got a card in the first week, did most Ryzen buyers get what they wanted today?

When's more stock expected into the UK?

I read on reddit that someone asked competitor when to expect next stock in UK, they said end of November or could be early December.

Not surprised there are very few Ryzen 5000 series CPUs was in stock worldwide and sold out a few mins later nearly a MONTH after launch! Retailers followed AMD guideline to prevent bots, sites from crashes and CPUs mostly had gone to scalpers and that AMD guideline is not worked so AMD had failed. Same thing will happen to Navi 21 GPUs.

Associate
[QUOTE="Dalrond, post: 34174042, member: 235273]
I had 7 different stores open, not a single one could handle the load. Its crazy how at the end of 2020 we're still getting this, its like no-one has heard of auto-scaling or knows how to implement [/QUOTE]

I continued with competitor sites that were still out of stock at 2 pm just to see. The millisecond the went online between 3pm and 3:15pm the add to cart was impossible.

the scalpers have software similar to snagging domain names that completely negate any normal human interaction. The only way to counter this is to make the average consumer completely aware that all warranty is void with the selling partner when buying through these complete utter xxxxxxxx

Associate
I received at email at 17:23

'The estimated delivery date of your order is 07 Nov 2020'

Yey for me. No update yet on my order from Jalfrezi store
Similar to you.
Ordered and after payment on the website it said 20th Nov.
Then... at 16:45, I got an email saying that the expected date is the 6th Nov.
Not going to hold my breath. Plus I don't have time this weekend :(
But it would be nice if true.

Associate
Finally, I have received the email from competitor (the one with face mask and thermal paste) with invoice status update for 5900x. Payment authorisation waiting but it says that delivery date is 06Nov. Not sure how that will work out. What about the rest?:p

Edit: 2 mins later payment authorised and waiting on order to be picked. Also order visible in my account now.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm considering swapping to a 5800x instead when my 5900x arrived and putting the rest into a gpu as its a gaming only system I've had £750 sitting in my account since September when I missed the rtx 3080 maybe I should just pay £950 for a founders edition and finally have a running system

Rom

Rom

Associate
The only way to counter this is to make the average consumer completely aware that all warranty is void with the selling partner when buying through these complete utter xxxxxxxx

How would this work with a private sale though? The original purchaser has the warranty? What if the original invoice was given to buyer? Surely there is a way round that?

Associate
Finally, I have received the email from competitor (the one with face mask and thermal paste) with invoice status update for 5900x. Payment authorisation waiting but it says that delivery date is 06Nov. Not sure how that will work out. What about the rest?:p

Edit: 2 mins later payment authorised and waiting on order to be picked. Also order visible in my account now.
what time did you order?

Associate
Just got a confirmation email saying it's going to be delivered. Any luck on your end?
I'm still on order received - not yet shipped. Did yours have an in between status at all before delivery confirmation?

However the amazon payment went through, I'm not sure if payment is taken even if they don't intend to ship it straight away (ie: preorder)

Back
Top Bottom