• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I ordered a 5800X at 14:35 (from here not a competitor) after refreshing endlessly and hoping enough people had given up, just received a shipped email. I might just be incredibly lucky but anyone still waiting don't lose hope just yet.

EDIT: Just received a DPD confirmation of delivery tomorrow.
EDIT 2: By "(from here not a competitor)", I mean I placed my order with Overclockers UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
As with some others on here, I've managed to order a 5600X.. although it's a 'pre-order' apparently and will be shipped as and when it becomes available..

Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys thought would be the better cooler for the 5600X - I've been 90% set on the Scythe Mugen 5 for the last couple of weeks, but have been thrown a bit of a curve ball by a couple of other forums.. One user recommended the Cooler Master 212 (reason given: Less expensive RGB cooler with same CFM), and another said this:

"Besides Mugen 5 being overkill for only six core Ryzen there's some risk potential in Intel optimized convex base coolers for chiplet design Ryzen.
https://www.igorslab.de/en/kuehlerb...amd-and-conkav-reader-test-and-picture-story/
This might have been about that:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-matching-or-beating-scythe-mugen-5.18902588/"

Please do let me know your thoughts, or if I've posted this in the wrong place, let me know where best to post and I'll move it!

Thanks in advance

I created that thread, still not sure what caused it not to perform as expected and its been returned now.

I'm using a much smaller Noctua NH-U9S now and it performs slightly better than the Mugen 5 but its louder. I've ordered another cooler with exposed direct contact heat pipes and flat base to compare it to the Noctua because I want to get to the bottom of why the Mugen didnt perform better than the Wraith Prism

The 5600X might be completely different to the 3600 so I wouldn't read into it too much either but I have had good experiences with Noctua and Bequiet coolers on previous Ryzen CPUs just a shame most of them wont fit my current case

Soldato
Same status here. Got my order confirmation at 14:03, ‘order placed’ email at 14:31, then ‘payment authorised’ email at 14:41.

Has anyone who is expecting a face mask had theirs dispatched yet?

Mine was order placed 14:06, payment authorised 16:07. Says awaiting picking now (with expected delivery Nov6th) but when i placed the order it went from in stock to no stock and then next delivery Nov20th. So I'm expecting it around then.

Associate
I created that thread, still not sure what caused it not to perform as expected and its been returned now.

I'm using a much smaller Noctua NH-U9S now and it performs slightly better than the Mugen 5 but its louder. I've ordered another cooler with exposed direct contact heat pipes and flat base to compare it to the Noctua because I want to get to the bottom of why the Mugen didnt perform better than the Wraith Prism

The 5600X might be completely different to the 3600 so I wouldn't read into it too much either but I have had good experiences with Noctua and Bequiet coolers on previous Ryzen CPUs just a shame most of them wont fit my current case
Thanks a lot for the response @Relentless81 - when seeking advice on the build, I'd selected a be quiet dark pro 4 but someone warned me off that in favour of the MUgen 5, then i've had someone now say the 212 is the better choice for this CPU. As it's my first build, I just want to get it right (as I'm sure you do!)

Soldato
Looks like the 5600x destroys the entire intel 10th gen stack in gaming performances. Ouch.

remember people were crying about value £229 AMD beats £600 intel in games. :D

Soldato
Thanks a lot for the response @Relentless81 - when seeking advice on the build, I'd selected a be quiet dark pro 4 but someone warned me off that in favour of the MUgen 5, then i've had someone now say the 212 is the better choice for this CPU. As it's my first build, I just want to get it right (as I'm sure you do!)

I've used both the DRP4 and the Mugen 5, the DRP4 will perform better, look better but it takes up loads of room and is a bit trickier to fit

The Mugen 5 takes up less space, is just as quiet if not quieter than the DRP4 and has the best install I've ever used but the performance was disappointing and in my opinion it's ugly

The DRP4 is a different league to the cooler master 212 whoever told you that doesn't sound particularly knowledgeable

Associate
well, I just got confirmation with tracking of my 5600x being shipped! guess the wife DID know what she was doing lol

for reference - completed the order at 14:21, using amazon pay and confirmation of payment via amazon arrived at 16:10

don't lose hope everyone

Associate
just received order status update from Bolton @ 9.15pm , apparently my 5900x is arriving tomorrow.

so it has taken 7hrs to comfirm, I placed order at 2.12pm

My 5900x order went though at 2.05pm, and my estimate was 20th and there is no sign of anything shipping.

OcUK kept hanging when adding it to the cart.

Associate
@JoachimWasTaken i was really lucky i must have been the first person to order it my order was processed at 1:56 no lag or nothing added to cart and paid all within like 10 seconds
well, I just got confirmation with tracking of my 5600x being shipped! guess the wife DID know what she was doing lol

for reference - completed the order at 14:21, using amazon pay and confirmation of payment via amazon arrived at 16:10

don't lose hope everyone

weird completed mine at 14 : 19 and still no dispatch

Associate
@Hdshow hey there my order was completed using amazon pay at 15:30 do u think im likely to receive mine on Saturday which is when i payed delivery for?

I'm not too sure but I'd say keep an eye out for emails regarding delivery.

don't lose hope everyone

Back
Top Bottom