**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Saw a dev Q&A that mentioned they have significant CPU optimisations coming with the next patch.... significant improvements to multithreading and reduction in main thread bottlenecking. Might help with some of the performance woes for those already with beefier GPUs.

Broad target but billy big boss of the project (Jorg) says coming to Xbox in 2021... mentioned in this long Dev Q&A somewhere.
That would be excellent news. Even my 980ti was cpu bottlenecked at 1440p (2700x)

Associate
What resolution are you playing at?

Your CPU and your GPU need upgrading. I have a 4770K and 980Ti and my CPU usage clips 100%, GPU is hammered, but I am playing at 4K, for my sins on this GPU.
Are you playing at 100% scale?

I have the 980ti and can only really play comfortably at 60-80% depending on aircraft and surroundings, with mainly high settings
I'll check what the settings were. I'm pretty sure the FPS widget was showing GPU limited. The PC does have a 4K monitor but I was running in a window. This PC is so I can play with addons/developer mode stuff without wrecking my main rig so I'm less bothered if it struggles a bit.

Soldato
Is this game now broke for anyone else?

Just as it gets to end of loading screen before getting into the actual game it just crashes.

Can't tell if it's an actual setting or something, driving me mad for 2 hours now

Soldato
Is this game now broke for anyone else?

Just as it gets to end of loading screen before getting into the actual game it just crashes.

Can't tell if it's an actual setting or something, driving me mad for 2 hours now
Hello, don't try anything, its a combination of game service and defender or something else.

People have tried all sorts for this, in the store update games service and then windows update for defender.

Worked for me for now anyway.

Associate
I had problems last night were the game crashed at the start of the splash screens appearing. After several goes and crashes I gave up and rebooted the PC. Worked after that. Someone else I was talking to on TeamSpeak had the same and a reboot had fixed it for them to.

Soldato
I had problems last night were the game crashed at the start of the splash screens appearing. After several goes and crashes I gave up and rebooted the PC. Worked after that. Someone else I was talking to on TeamSpeak had the same and a reboot had fixed it for them to.

Hrm, will try it. I've finally got some time to do some flying and so far I haven't managed to make it into a plane in 5-6 attempts.

Associate
There's also talk over on the official forums that adding flightsimulator.exe to Defender's exceptions may help and ensuring that the game has access through the firewall.

Soldato
So I uninstalled my Logitech autopilot panel drivers, which seemed to help. Then just as I was enjoying it again it CTD'ed an hour into a flight.

Such a frustrating game. The crashes suck all the enjoyment out of it. CBA setting up my flight again.

Soldato
È

It is if you fly too low

tenor.gif

Associate
I may just buy it and try on my current PC. Its only an i5 4th gen with a gtx 1080 and if it doenst run well enough Ill just wait for my new PC.

Back
Top Bottom