Fast FREE .PDF reader?

Capodecina
Soldato
Can anyone suggest a program that will load fast to display .PDFs?
I don't want something that is all-singing, all-dancing; I just want a program that will load fast and allow me to read a .PDF.

Adobe Acrobat Reader (which I currently use) Works with cloud storage services (about which I don't really care), offers a Tab view to allow reading multiple documents and can Handle large PDFs. However, it is Relatively large and slow to load.
Foxit allows you to creat .PDFs but is again slow to load.
Slim PDF does load relatively fast but the iopening screen is cluttered and it constantly pushes the "paid for" version.
Nitro and Expert PDF Reader both seem like a good bet.

I am interested in any practical experience of a .PDF reader that is fast an uncomplicated - a bit like Windows Notepad for .TXT files in fact ;)

Soldato
Can anyone suggest a program that will load fast to display .PDFs?
I don't want something that is all-singing, all-dancing; I just want a program that will load fast and allow me to read a .PDF.

Adobe Acrobat Reader (which I currently use) Works with cloud storage services (about which I don't really care), offers a Tab view to allow reading multiple documents and can Handle large PDFs. However, it is Relatively large and slow to load.
Foxit allows you to creat .PDFs but is again slow to load.
Slim PDF does load relatively fast but the iopening screen is cluttered and it constantly pushes the "paid for" version.
Nitro and Expert PDF Reader both seem like a good bet.

I am interested in any practical experience of a .PDF reader that is fast an uncomplicated - a bit like Windows Notepad for .TXT files in fact ;)
Chrome/Edge will both work fine for this.

Soldato
I've used Foxit's free PDF reader for years and it's never given me any issues. While I don't like to see the attempts of installing bloatware, they are easy enough to spot and dismiss.

Back
Top Bottom