• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
It's weird, I also received a "delayed order notification" email at 00:44 last night, but the only item mentioned as being delayed is the Far Cry 6 download (and the item line number matches this, rather than the 5800X). And unlike others here, my email doesn't mention an updated ETA. Order status is still "awaiting picking"...

Associate
I don't really get why folk are so worked up about availability on launch day. If you have a years old system already, keeping it for another few weeks isn't a big deal and for those with new build systems just waiting for a CPU, just pick up a 3000 series chip (used or new), good availability, plenty fast 'enough' for a few weeks. Moving it on 2nd hand in a few weeks/months will only lose a few tens of pounds, maybe less if you buy used in the first place.

I can't see why Zen 3 chips specifically are such a time sensitive purchase?

For a couple of people I know it was about Christmas presents. One of them has a son who put all his savings, plus extra from Nan, towards it. Is Christmas time-sensitive? I suppose not, in the grand scheme of things. Christmas is about being together, not gifts, they tell their moody 14 year old :)

Edit: Wrong thread really, sorry. CPU no problem, it's a GPU thing. He'll live.

Associate
I have scouted 2pm start time two days in advance. Was there for the start. I am more annoyed at not being able to get one due to (now usual) site meltdown than if I came 3 hours late

Associate
Made the mistake of thinking 5PM meant 5PM and showed up at 16:30 to end up pre-ordering. Thankfully OCUK took my cash straight away so they'll be alright. Starting to wonder if i'll be able to finish building my machine by the 10th of December.

Same here. Level of incompetence and poor communication by OCUK here is astounding. Learnt nothing from the debacle of 3000 series launch.

At least the team at Bolton are capable of sending update emails by the look of it, rather than leaving people in limbo.

Not exactly technically difficult to achieve a decent preorder/stock management process these days. This reminds me of a Micky mouse ecommerce outfit. They should invest the cash being held from the 3000 series in a competent team.

Associate
..Or you could just grow up and have some patience.

Christ Almighty, what a debasing spectacle its been to witness the sheer level of child like tantrums being thrown over things as inconsequential as CPU's & GPU's in the last 2mths.:rolleyes:

If not getting a shiny new toy on day one is all you have to worry about right now, you should be dropping to your knees in gratitude, not crying about it.
I suppose CPU's and GPU's are pretty inconsequential in the scope of things. Overclockers seems to have taken nearly half a grand out of my account for it though? Money which can be spent on lots of other things. Should I send them an email to highlight their mistake?

Soldato
I suppose CPU's and GPU's are pretty inconsequential in the scope of things. Overclockers seems to have taken nearly half a grand out of my account for it though? Money which can be spent on lots of other things. Should I send them an email to highlight their mistake?

... they didn't take it, you gave it to them.

Associate
5600x/3070 system now built and almost complete - waiting on an AIO coming either today or tomorrow, but I ended up throwing my old air cooler onto it last night as I wanted to get windows reinstalled and get some games etc downloaded.

20201105-204300.jpg

Associate
So I was after a 5950x as the final component to complete my new system build. Managed to get an order in with both Bolton at 2:10pm now with a delivery date of 30th! and OCUK at 2:18pm with who knows what delivery. So took the advice of someone on here to look for a mobo combo (10 mins ago) and got a 5950x from Bolton (delivered tomorrow) for a £500 premium on the cost of just the processor but will use the MB, Mem and Cooler to build a new PC for my daughter. Will probably keep the OCUK processor on order for that. SO thats one option if people need other parts

Soldato
Overclockers seems to have taken nearly half a grand out of my account for it though? Money which can be spent on lots of other things. Should I send them an email to highlight their mistake?

No, just cancel your order.

If you, and all the others, haven't got the patience to wait until these things are freely available to purchase, then don't cry about giving OcUK your money up front, you & everyone else knew the score on that point.

Associate
... they didn't take it, you gave it to them.

Might shift onto ebay with a highly rated account and start offering some expensive electronics. If anyone gives me money expecting a product, more fool them.

No, just cancel your order.

If you, and all the others, haven't got the patience to wait until these things are freely available to purchase, then don't cry about giving OcUK your money up front, you & everyone else knew the score on that point.

What was the score? 5PM? If the score can change, maybe they can just shift me to the front of the queue.

Associate
So I was after a 5950x as the final component to complete my new system build. Managed to get an order in with both Bolton at 2:10pm now with a delivery date of 30th! and OCUK at 2:18pm with who knows what delivery. So took the advice of someone on here to look for a mobo combo (10 mins ago) and got a 5950x from Bolton (delivered tomorrow) for a £500 premium on the cost of just the processor but will use the MB, Mem and Cooler to build a new PC for my daughter. Will probably keep the OCUK processor on order for that. SO thats one option if people need other parts

I have just done the same thing! I will use the bundled RAM but sell the cooler and motherboard along with my 3950x. The only thing I am thinking though is, do they actually put this together for you? Looking at the description it says it does, also on the invoice it lists the 5950x as OEM Tray.

I would rather have had all retail parts as I would need the packaging to be able to sell on the motherboard and cooler etc. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom