• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
3200 was the sweet spot when I bought mine, when did 3600 become the sweet spot? I missed the memo. Gonna need some memory clock testing on the 5600.

Associate
I currently have a 3700x now im thinking i might upgrade to a 5600x but not really wanting to lose my cores but then looking at gamersnexus benches im only losing a few seconds but gaining a lot of fps in games but then again i dont game at 1080p hhhmmm decisions lol

Soldato
I currently have a 3700x now im thinking i might upgrade to a 5600x but not really wanting to lose my cores but then looking at gamersnexus benches im only losing a few seconds but gaining a lot of fps in games but then again i dont game at 1080p hhhmmm decisions lol
GPU upgrade would give you far more FPS if you're still running your 1070 especially since you're running a higher resolution.

Associate
I find memory purchase to be equally confusing/boring/important :) I think I went out of my way to get the decent ones that were on my motherboard's HQL. I'm not upgrading my RAM.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
image1.jpg

AIO ready to go. Weighs a ton, build quality is excellent. Craps on any Corsair/NZXT unit.

Soldato
Does anyone know why there isn't still any stock or any date for availability?

What happened to AMD and its supply?

People bought them all. A couple of places still have stock. ETA’s 10th, 16th and 20th.

Frustrated RTX-3080/3090 money probably greatly added to demand.

Soldato
It looks like the $300 5600X can't quite keep up with the $300 3700X in productivity tasks.

It's not a "clean" generational jump to me if the money spent on a new gen part isn't faster *at all tasks* than the same money spent on the previous generation.

The gaming improvements are impressive, and might justify the price for some people, but I think the price needs to come down about $50 on the 5600X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom