** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
If i had to guess - lockdown has probably pushed release this week back - probably early next week to unload with the warehouse COVID situation. Again I've not had that confirmed but from previous updates for people to get them end of this week they needed to fly out end of today.

Soldato
Yeah based on past experiences they’ve come into stock on a Thursday. So you would receive a shipping email and would be able to start tracking DPD after 8pm.

Associate
So after a week of using the monitor i'm back on the RMA list :( - maybe 3rd time lucky! 3 really bad light bleeds (not IPS glow) top left, middle right, and worse one on bottom side left - shows up as orange/yellow -ish glow in games - some of which are unplayable as you cant see any detail in those areas. Only way to partially remove it is by turning brightness right down to 0 - tried additional lighting in the room etc also. My early excitement of the 2nd replacement being perfect has waned ......

OcUK Staff
OP
Soldato
So after a week of using the monitor i'm back on the RMA list :( - maybe 3rd time lucky! 3 really bad light bleeds (not IPS glow) top left, middle right, and worse one on bottom side left - shows up as orange/yellow -ish glow in games - some of which are unplayable as you cant see any detail in those areas. Only way to partially remove it is by turning brightness right down to 0 - tried additional lighting in the room etc also. My early excitement of the 2nd replacement being perfect has waned ......
How do you know if you have the issue you have mate?

Associate
So I noticed it when playing Control or Watchdogs Legion - in slightly dark scenes (not totally black) you can see the orange/yellow glow. Then used some of the totally black videos on YouTube and it stands out a mile - it’s not IPS glow as it doesn’t move when you move your head.

How do you know if you have the issue you have mate?

Associate
Just trying to decide between this and the G7 for my 3080 - any ideas if we're talking weeks or months for delivery from new orders?

Soldato
Just trying to decide between this and the G7 for my 3080 - any ideas if we're talking weeks or months for delivery from new orders?

I think we’re talking week(s) not months. I waited three weeks for the very first stock ocUK had, which came into stock on the 1st October. I see no reason why you should have to wait any longer then that.

Associate
I think we’re talking week(s) not months. I waited three weeks for the very first stock ocUK had, which came into stock on the 1st October. I see no reason why you should have to wait any longer then that.
Cheers, think I'll go with the G7 anyway as not convinced on 4k gaming yet, would rather 1440p pushing 144hz if not more in every game than 4K hitting around 60-100 in most.

Back
Top Bottom