The Queen's Gambit (Netflix)

Soldato
Thought there'd be a thread already, but apparently not.

Far above what i was expecting. I'm three episodes it and it's one of the best things i've watched in ages. The casting is spot on (especially the little girl playing the younger version of Anya Taylor-Joy's character...and Anya herself...they are both fantastic). It's so watchable and well done.

I really recommend it from what i've seen so far.

Soldato
I agree, I took a punt on this as although I know how to play chess I'm quite crap at it!

I'd highly recommend this is on your playlist if you like drama.

Underboss
Finished it last night, very good. Even my wife who isn't much of a fan of mini series enjoyed it.

Kinda wanna learnt to play chess now.

Associate
I really loved this. It is a shame they didn't take more time with it and develop a few of the other characters a bit further.

Soldato
This wasn't really on my radar, but everyone that has watched it seems to be saying how good it is, so I guess I should check it out.

I took a punt on this as although I know how to play chess I'm quite crap at it!

How much is it actually about chess? I'm assuming it doesn't matter if you have zero interest in it, it's just good TV?

Associate
Been really enjoying this. Just read that it is based on a Walter Tevis book. He also wrote The Hustler, Color Of Money and Man Who Fell To Earth, which I would recommend to anyone to read.

Back
Top Bottom