• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
The main problem is that it doesn't stick to defaulting HomePod as the main output. At least for me this was a big issue because I didn't like keep having to change it every time I went to use it the next time it woke up.
Okay thanks. That wouldn't be so bad as I'm always changing inputs between my headset, airpods and previousaly the Bose.

Edit.

It looks like I can only choose the Homepod as an AirPlay target, is that right? If so, that's the same as my Sonos Play:1's so wouldn't make much difference. That's a shame.

Soldato
Okay thanks. That wouldn't be so bad as I'm always changing inputs between my headset, airpods and previousaly the Bose.

Edit.

It looks like I can only choose the Homepod as an AirPlay target, is that right? If so, that's the same as my Sonos Play:1's so wouldn't make much difference. That's a shame.

When I had mine, the big one - it came up in the Volume devices in the top right, that's where I had to keep changing mine.

Soldato
Were you able to get system sounds through the speakers? And was there any delay or sync issues?

No not that I noticed, they were fantastic speakers to be fair. I came from a Bone SoundLink Mini which I thought was pretty good, but they both had the issue of being bluetooth and none persistent audio devices. I'm not an audiophile by any means though.

Man of Honour
Thanks. To be honest it's a work MacBook and 90% of the time it's used for work. I have a Steelseries headset I've been using for Teams and Zoom calls, however I've just ordered a Jabra Evolve 75 Bluetooth headset from work so I don't have to move my Steelseries over from my gaming PC. I was just after some speakers to have one in the background so I don't have to have a headset on all day but I guess it's not hugely important.

Soldato
HomePod 14.2 Software Update is out.

Software version 14.2 includes support for new ‌Siri‌, Intercom, and Home Theater features. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.

- Ask ‌Siri‌ "What's my update?" to hear a personal snapshot of your day that includes the news, weather, traffic, reminders, and calendar appointments.

- Intercom using ‌iPhone‌, ‌iPad‌, Apple Watch, ‌AirPods‌, and ‌CarPlay‌.

-Connect ‌HomePod‌ to ‌Apple TV‌ 4K and enjoy stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio. Add a second ‌HomePod‌ for a more immersive soundstage.

Commissario
OP
HomePod mini ordered but delivery is a couple of days later than I expected.

hwOJhID.png

There was an option to pay £4.80 for delivery on the 16th but I wasn't prepared to pony that up as well.

Back
Top Bottom