• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Needs to be more frequent than that. Managed to get an FE last week and had it set to refresh every 20 seconds. One thing I noticed is that if a drop is happening then the page changes for a few seconds earlier in the day to apply the new competitor link. Distill picked up the change about 10 minutes before the sales went live. I'd imagine it'll be a similar story when the next batch drops.
Problem with 15 minute refresh is that if the sales go live just after Distill does a refresh, then 15 minutes later the cards will be gone and you'll be none the wiser.
Which site did you use distill on, nvidia or the competitor?

Soldato
Makes no sense to me, if your budget is £650, the 3080 is pretty competitive with the 6800XT.

The 6800XT is slightly faster at Rasta but likely has a slower RT implementation and lacks DLSS for £50 less on a £650 purchase.

If you have AMD 5000 the 6800xt will be slightly faster than flighty faster but it’s still within the same ballpark.

It’s a bit of a coin flip to whatever is in stock to be honest.

AIBs may be different as there pretty expensive on the nvidia side and unknown on the AMD side currently.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Makes no sense to me, if your budget is £650, the 3080 is pretty competitive with the 6800XT.

The 6800XT is slightly faster at Rasta but likely has a slower RT implementation and lacks DLSS for £50 less on a £650 purchase.

If you have AMD 5000 the 6800xt will be slightly faster than flighty faster but it’s still within the same ballpark.

It’s a bit of a coin flip to whatever is in stock to be honest.

AIBs may be different as there pretty expensive on the nvidia side and unknown on the AMD side currently.

Yeah we already know that unless your well into only ray tracing titles, it shouldn't matter which brand fits your budget. One thing we do know is 3080's are a pain to get hold of and minority of people are getting them. Little different if your willing to pay AIB custom prices as they are nowhere near £650 and likely £720+ (markup of 70+).

Waiting for the Ti could be equally troublesome as people are going to want that too, and some will be offloading 3070/3080's to 'upgrade' as the cycle recursion continues.

If your planning to move to Ryzen over the next few years, it may be worth considering the 6000 series cards that can leverage the boost going into 2021. You would be quite an odd ball not to capitalise on the strength in that and stick to nvidia/intel after their dismal year servicing their customer bases in the DIY segment.

Soldato
Plus with the rumoured Ti not too far away may make sense to wait a bit longer than jump on the 3080 now.
I really doubt this will happen anytime soon, even just based off of current supply issues. Halfway through the generation, ie,next summer, sure.
If demand seriously drops off to the point where NV have a supply surplus once AMD GPU's available then I think a Ti will appear sooner.

Caporegime

Let's wait for 3rd party reviews before deciding what is fact shall we :)

AMD proved with their Zen3 'benchmarks' that they're like all the rest of them and to take them with a large pinch of salt.

Associate
Let's wait for 3rd party reviews before deciding what is fact shall we :)

AMD proved with their Zen3 'benchmarks' that they're like all the rest of them and to take them with a large pinch of salt.

Benchmarks I have seen for ZEN 3 looks like they knocked it out of the park

Soldato
I suspect we will see AMD cards go out of stock quick anyways if performance numbers align with AMD claims. Align with people who sold there GPU's in queue for Ampere and those who just want to crack on with games and AMD is going to be no different if they perform.

Gut feel we will see a 3080Ti start of next year Q1 or Q2 if the 6900XT performs as it does. The chips will be same as 3090 which would inevitably slow in terms of sales so rather then put those chips into a cheaper 3080, put them into a 3080Ti with a little less VRAM then the 3090, same performance however but price tag of 6900XT and compete on software stack. Can see from competitor sales who list actual stock numbers, the 3090 stock numbers they are getting seems pretty high, similar to 3080 numbers yet backlog is not as significant. There will come a point where the 3090 price tag turns off people, more so with 6900XT yet Nvidia would stand more to gain in terms of margin to put the chips into a Ti SKU then a 3080 or sit in a 3090.

The 20GB Ti version of the 3080 has apparently been cancelled:

Thats because evidently just upping the current 3080 to 20GB is not enough: Seems they are revising the 3080Ti and rather then 3080 with more vRAM bolted on, have the core more closed to the 3090 with a little less VRAM. https://www.techpowerup.com/274219/...-3080-ti-graphics-card-with-20-gb-gddr6x-vram

Back
Top Bottom