• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Queue Position 1, 5600X

Associate
Ordered my 5600X at 14:07pm yesterday and just received the email that I am in queue position 1.

Just wanted to clarify, does this mean I am the first person to not get a CPU out of the current stock and will need to wait for the next batch?

If so, I was so close, yet so far. Good to be first though I suppose. Also, hope this gives some others an idea on wait times.

Associate
So it was a another paper launch. I bought 2 5900x one for me and one for my dads christmas present. Managed to get an order in at Awd -IT but they have gone suspiciously quiet and wont answer the phone. I got an order at ****** too (whilst is was showing as in stock I might add)... rang them today and they are now saying it was a pre order, so I told them where to stick it.

As usual... another launch, another disappointment... as for OCuk well... the website crashes on a normal day so there was bugger all chance of getting one here.

I would love to know what the stock levels where like...

Associate
I was a bit late ordering ordered a 5800x yesterday. I'm in queue position 336. I wasn't expecting these to go live until 5pm.

I don't have a huge issue waiting for it for a bit but Im a bit annoyed about the fact that I also paid for a next day delivery...if I wasnt getting it straight away, i'm not bothered about waiting for delivery!

Associate
@SirDank your position 1 in the pre orders next batch to come in youll be first i had my order placed at for the same 5600x at 1.56pm so i assume i was one of the first if not he first because it was no lag straight through and completed within 15 seconds and my 5600x got shipped yesterday

Associate
Queue position 3 for me. Was going to cancel and order something else in stock. Not sure whether to just hold on

Associate
At this point I'm surprised that any of you are surprised at these paper launches and that you have to wait ages for your orders to come through. This seems to be the new status quo with hardware releases, so why torture yourselves? Isn't it stressful constantly checking queues and chasing up orders? Why not just chill for a bit and order things when they're in stock? You're not buying life support equipment after all.

Associate
I attempted to grab a 5600x from OCuk at just before 2; website blew up shortly afterwards and couldn't get past the payment screen before the stock was out. I managed by sheer blind luck to get one of the last bits of stock from a competitor, about 4min before they ran out as well. My left index finger has "f5" tattooed in reverse on it from all the feverish refreshing I did!

I imagine the AMD 6xxx series graphics card launch is going to be much the same!

Back
Top Bottom