• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone ordered through MS and used Paypal, And the orders still on Pending, and checking the Paypal account nothings been taken as yet?

Associate
Anyone ordered through MS and used Paypal, And the orders still on Pending, and checking the Paypal account nothings been taken as yet?

Phone MS and get them to look at your order, they'll probably just read from a script at first about a certain number of payment retries but ask them to actually go into your account and check the order.

Soldato
least i'm not alone :)

will check with them after lunch see what the deal is.

I've had all the emails from them about payment etc so hopefully should be ok.

It still states my delivery is expected for the 10th there when I've checked, so I am just leaving it be. They were spot on with getting my console to me on launch last time. :)
same

Associate
It still states my delivery is expected for the 10th there when I've checked, so I am just leaving it be. They were spot on with getting my console to me on launch last time. :)

Mines the Same on MS site paid by card and it's been taken from my pending balance in the bank . Still states Nov 10th delivery so here's hoping .

Associate
Just had an email from GAME with a one time link to pre-order the Xbox Series X All Access Deal again, as i tried on release day, done all the application and Games website fell over lol.. had a couple of emails since it happened to say they would sort out a method for people to order again.

So about 30mins ago an email popped in with the link, went through seamlessly, had emails from Game now confirming my pre-order and home delivery etc.. will be surprised if i get it on the 10th but you never know :)

Associate
I wonder if Microsoft allowed a few consoles to go out early just to spoil the PS5 reviews that have come out today? :D
It seems odd that we have a console release with no system seller games........am looking forward to seeing what the multiplatforms bring to the table.

Caporegime
OP
Just seen this on the PS5 thread - am surprised to see the XsX loading games up faster. Is this because of the velocity architecture? Better compression and decompression hardware? Something else?

Digging a bit more, it might be because of the CPU. None of these games will be using the new hardware so it has to be done the old way. MS give Xbox games the full power of the CPU (3.8GHz), Sony is supposedly keeping the clocks the same as the PS4 (Pro) (2.1? GHz) for BC so it might mean slower decompression.

Soldato
Got to admit, watching the PS5 reviews today, Miles Morales and the Dual Sense controller are certainly things to be jealous of.

Looking forward to seeing some truly next gen Xbox stuff.

Associate
Got to admit, watching the PS5 reviews today, Miles Morales and the Dual Sense controller are certainly things to be jealous of.

Not interested in Miles Morales at all (never really understood the popularity of the Spiderman games), but the Dual Sense looks fun.......however, I have real concerns about the durability - it's another moving part that has the potential to fail. A bit like the Xbox Pro controllers, every time you add in complexity or moving parts you are building in failure points, and the fact that the dual sense is built to put pressure against the user can only make that worse.
I am a big fan of force feedback though (ever since the MS force Pro joystiocks back in the 1990's), so will enjoy it whilst I can.

Soldato

Not sure some have mentioned the controller never stops vibrating in Spider-Man and can be distracting.

I don’t mind a bit of rumbling but too much and it gets annoying real quick.

Man of Honour
Ah that's the same TV I've got, are you going to have it on 1440p/120 hz all the time or play it by ear and change when you know the game supports it?

I'm still bitter that EARC hasn't been added to the tv like Samsung suggested they would.

Always 1440p120 for the games that support it. It auto swaps back to 4k60 on my One X for certain games but I haven't seen a pattern to it, maybe for One X enhanced games?

1440p -> 4k is a really minor improvement in IQ that can only be noticed from extremely close viewing distances, while 120Hz is a game changer even beyond HDR.

Back
Top Bottom