Adding Sat nav maps to car

Man of Honour
It's a good back up to have just in case carplay decides to mess about as my other half is finding out, hers randomly drops out but without it the car has no built in sat nav.

Soldato
Can be a pain and really expensive. Which is why I stopped bothering and use a portable one, which is free to update for life and has a far better interface :/

Man of Honour
Can be a pain and really expensive. Which is why I stopped bothering and use a portable one, which is free to update for life and has a far better interface :/
The Hyundai one at least on my i20 is actually pretty good, updates are free from Hyundai as well. It's been better than Google maps in some cases.

Soldato
No experience of Hyundai but in my toyota you need an offical card, not sure on what kind of DRM that it uses but normal cards dont work.

Check on eBay, i picked up an updated card for my car when i bought it for about £60 on eBay and sold my old outdated one for £30 so worth a look.

Soldato
I would speak with the dealer first... It might be that it has been forgotten about.

If the car has been advertised as having satnav (not just being supplied with a card) I would expect it it have working nav.

Soldato
If you look on gpspower there is a post re the latest maps, no idea how to update though?

EDIT: Don't know but it might be a case that you need a working SD card paired to the car in order to update?

I update the maps myself on my BMW which does require a valid key with each update so suggest doing some reading.

Soldato
It's a good back up to have just in case carplay decides to mess about as my other half is finding out, hers randomly drops out but without it the car has no built in sat nav.
Carplay has had a bug for years where it drops out once the phone is fully charged. I can pretty much guarantee it'll happen once on any long trip. Thankfully a single screen press has it back up in a couple of seconds.

The built in Nav in my Leon is shocking so I use Carplay while I'm on work time and Android Auto when I'm not.

OP I'd check with the supplying dealer. The SD cards are normally fitted during the PDI so may simply have been forgotten.

Soldato
OP
Carplay has had a bug for years where it drops out once the phone is fully charged. I can pretty much guarantee it'll happen once on any long trip. Thankfully a single screen press has it back up in a couple of seconds.

The built in Nav in my Leon is shocking so I use Carplay while I'm on work time and Android Auto when I'm not.

OP I'd check with the supplying dealer. The SD cards are normally fitted during the PDI so may simply have been forgotten.
It’s from Cazoo it definitely was not supposed to come with the maps as I’ve checked with them.

Soldato
If you do want the SD card, do your research first as quite often (at least with some brands) they'll only work with the first car they're inserted in.

Back
Top Bottom