• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 Promo confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
OcUK answered my webnote. They said they made a mistake with the promotion, but they aren't going to offer any kind of compensation for it. Well, at least I'll know to stay clear of them my next hardware refresh.

Associate
OcUK answered my webnote. They said they made a mistake with the promotion, but they aren't going to offer any kind of compensation for it. Well, at least I'll know to stay clear of them my next hardware refresh.

You cannot accept this as a response.
I have now received my 3070 as well as the code for Call of Duty: Cold War.
The code did not work when redeeming through Nvidia as I did not have "The correct hardware" (I suspect it is a spare code for the 3080 / 3090 cards).

If Nvidia stated that this promotion was not continuing that is fine, if it is only meant for 3080 / 3090 cards, that is also fine.

The issue is that OcUK have used this as a promotion for their site, it was the main reason I purchased the 3070 on there instead of Scan.

As they chose to advertise this on their site (even though the promotion does not exist according to Nvidia), it is therefore OcUK's responsibility.

Saying no compensation will be given is ridiculous as it comes under "False Advertisement".

People should be offered a full refund, or a much easier solution for everyone, a redeemable code for the game they were supposed to receive in the first place.

To those mentioning that the game has no monetary value and is a "free gift", that may be true, however that is not the case when it is used as a way to push the customer towards a purchase (getting them to spend money on their site, therefore adding value).

You cannot send out a code to a customer that is destined to be rejected and hope they will be ok with that.

Waiting to hear a response from my webnote about this, hopefully with some helpful news from their customer service team.

Associate
My webnote had same reply as James P.

I didn't even get a geforce now code.

It's fine. This was my first purchase from Overclockers and got scammed. I guess it's the last.

Associate
You cannot accept this as a response.
I have now received my 3070 as well as the code for Call of Duty: Cold War.
The code did not work when redeeming through Nvidia as I did not have "The correct hardware" (I suspect it is a spare code for the 3080 / 3090 cards).

If Nvidia stated that this promotion was not continuing that is fine, if it is only meant for 3080 / 3090 cards, that is also fine.

The issue is that OcUK have used this as a promotion for their site, it was the main reason I purchased the 3070 on there instead of Scan.

As they chose to advertise this on their site (even though the promotion does not exist according to Nvidia), it is therefore OcUK's responsibility.

Saying no compensation will be given is ridiculous as it comes under "False Advertisement".

People should be offered a full refund, or a much easier solution for everyone, a redeemable code for the game they were supposed to receive in the first place.

To those mentioning that the game has no monetary value and is a "free gift", that may be true, however that is not the case when it is used as a way to push the customer towards a purchase (getting them to spend money on their site, therefore adding value).

You cannot send out a code to a customer that is destined to be rejected and hope they will be ok with that.

Waiting to hear a response from my webnote about this, hopefully with some helpful news from their customer service team.

You will no doubt find someone willing to swap a Watch Dogs code for it and that should work

Associate
so you are paying over the top for a new GPU being fiddled out of the two software offers and having to wait it out in very long queues before you can get your new graphic card. All i can say is that their are a lot of desperate upgraders out there who are willing to pay the Nvidia Toll.

Associate
I got a COD code with my 3070. Obviously I cannot redeem it since I don’t have a 3080/90.

is there a workaround ? Seems a waste not to use it

Soldato
so you are paying over the top for a new GPU being fiddled out of the two software offers and having to wait it out in very long queues before you can get your new graphic card. All i can say is that their are a lot of desperate upgraders out there who are willing to pay the Nvidia Toll.

Bet you're a laugh at parties

OcUK Staff
Hi there

This was a mistake as explained on page one. We would happily give you the codes and most have them but the code does not work unless you have a 3080.

OcUK did not need to try and win sales as selling all of the 3070 was always guaranteed no game or not it was just a mistake and OcUK apologies for said mistake.

Of course if anyone is still unhappy or feels scammed then you can return your card for a full refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom