What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Just finished Death Stranding and it didn't disappoint me. I can tell the developers but a lot of effort and detail to making this game. Graphics is some of the best I've seen to date from a ported PS4 game. Walking sims are not for everyone but if you find it cheap enough somewhere I recommend it a try.

Associate
There are two things I'm happy about that I did not know, in fact I specifically tried to find out and couldn't... First that It has the option of turn based combat

I think from what I read if you were playing it this time last year you'd have to use a mod to do that, but then they added it in this summer, as people are very keen on it.

Caporegime
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I've only briefly tried this out quite a while back, so this will hopefully be an enjoyable experience to immerse myself in during the evenings.

Soldato
Besides a very brief play with the recent UT99 update, all I seem to play now is Rocket League Rumble and Zwift... Getting old (nearly 47) and concentration doesn't last long!

I used to play driving sims for hours, but the Logitech G29 I bought two years ago to replace a temperamental 2006 Fanatec setup has barely been out of its box.

My OCuk Black Friday X99 system stopped booting ~14 months ago, but it's simply not worth buying a replacement, I now time share my better half's i5-6600k pc and Surface Pro or simply browse the web on my mobile.

Associate
Doom 3. Never played it before, but I think I'm about half way through and so far it's providing a few small scares but not so bad

Soldato
Anyone playing or played Code Vein,I'm looking at it on steam dale atm and looks pretty interesting

I've played through it and quite enjoyed it.

If you like anime and you like souls style games I expect you'll like Code Vein.

Worst comes to worst you could always refund it as long as you don't play for longer than two hours, which should be enough time to give you an idea.

Soldato
Anyone playing or played Code Vein,I'm looking at it on steam dale atm and looks pretty interesting

Last I checked it has a demo on steam as well, so you could probably try that, then have another two hours on top to try the full game while still being eligible for a refund if you want one.

Well, provided the demo time doesn't count towards the played time. It doesn't seem like it should, but I guess you never know.

Associate
Just completed Shenmue 1 & 2 again, the first time since playing on the Dreamcast years ago and wow...

I'm just absolutely blown away - I totally understand they're not for everyone but the sheer level of detail is astounding, the story is brilliant and the gameplay is fine.

Steam says 52 hours of playtime, so 26 hours per game isn't bad. Thoroughly recommend!

Caporegime
Doom 3. Never played it before, but I think I'm about half way through and so far it's providing a few small scares but not so bad

I assume you're playing it without mods which is a good way to experience it for the first time, but maybe in the future check out some of the superb mods available for it like Perfected D3, Absolute HD, or Overthinked D3.

There are also plenty of other examples on moddb. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just completed Shenmue 1 & 2 again, the first time since playing on the Dreamcast years ago and wow...

I'm just absolutely blown away - I totally understand they're not for everyone but the sheer level of detail is astounding, the story is brilliant and the gameplay is fine.

Steam says 52 hours of playtime, so 26 hours per game isn't bad. Thoroughly recommend!
Yeah now go play Shenmue 3 and let me know what you think.

Associate
Yeah now go play Shenmue 3 and let me know what you think.

I have - I backed the original Kickstarter.

I actually really enjoyed it though it didn't advance the story much. The game itself however was more or less in line with my expectations and I think the hate it seems to get is a little harsh.

Just a shame it was only available to download via Epic (until 19th at least).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have - I backed the original Kickstarter.

I actually really enjoyed it though it didn't advance the story much. The game itself however was more or less in line with my expectations and I think the hate it seems to get is a little harsh.

Just a shame it was only available to download via Epic (until 19th at least).
I was well disappointed. Thought it was a big let down.

Shenmue 1 + 2 felt ahead of their time as I played them on release. Shenmue 3 was the opposite. Worst part the story was ****. Ruined it.

Associate
I assume you're playing it without mods which is a good way to experience it for the first time, but maybe in the future check out some of the superb mods available for it like Perfected D3, Absolute HD, or Overthinked D3.

There are also plenty of other examples on moddb. :)

Yeah, without mods other than a quick config change for 1440p. I have been looking at mods, particularly Doom 3 Redux 2.0, for a possible 2nd playthrough.

Associate
I was well disappointed. Thought it was a big let down.

Shenmue 1 + 2 felt ahead of their time as I played them on release. Shenmue 3 was the opposite. Worst part the story was ****. Ruined it.

I don't think they did badly. Original Shenmue had a budget of $150m back in 2000, whereas Shenmue 3 had barely £15m. I think Yu Suzuki had many more things planned for S3 but had to radically cut back his ambition.

I'm really hoping for a Shenmue 4 however if it ever comes out, it's likely to be different to appeal to a wider audience which may ruin it.

Associate
Last I checked it has a demo on steam as well, so you could probably try that, then have another two hours on top to try the full game while still being eligible for a refund if you want one.

Well, provided the demo time doesn't count towards the played time. It doesn't seem like it should, but I guess you never know.
Good thinking mate,thanks for the heads up and the feedback

Associate

These are great games, like you played them on the dreamcast. Not got around to playing them again on PC, though I have bought them.

Soldato
Playing through watchdogs legion which I got with GPU. It's quiet fun actually, lots of same old bits, but main quest is good as is gameplay. Not a fan of the characters and how you play with whoever you recruit, feels weird but I suppose it's in the name. Graphics are down right amazing through, more so at night and with ray tracing and rain so there is puddles around.

Soldato
Watch dogs Legion.

Seen enough in 4 hours. Some parts are ok, a lot of it is pretty bad. Only paid 12.99 for ubisoft+ which is ideal for this and AC: Valhalla

Back
Top Bottom