• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
:D
I got the same email tonight for my 5950x & some random motherboard. Says shipping due middle of next week.
Was tempted to say just to send the parts as is because won't be using the motherboard anyway just want the CPU so I can get on with my project build.

I'm no.113 for my pre order from Overclockers, so not expecting to see that till the end of the year if as was said in another thread that only 10-30 5950x cpu's are coming in with each shipment but we'll see what happens.

Oh wow you bought one even though you don't need a motherboard:D fair play.

There wasn't much choice of motherboard that's why I went for the hero as I am just waiting on motherboard and cpu to get new pc up and running I'm sure the Hero will be fine with the 5900x, I'm stuck with my 1080ti for now, but will do till the new year. I need a monitor more than gfx card.

Associate
Interesting situation, I might well look at snapping up a 3XXX model if the prices are suitable. Otherwise I did have my eye on the 5800/5600. The 5600 would be great for games but I can't shake the feeling that I might need more cores. It's silly, isn't it?

Soldato
Interesting situation, I might well look at snapping up a 3XXX model if the prices are suitable. Otherwise I did have my eye on the 5800/5600. The 5600 would be great for games but I can't shake the feeling that I might need more cores. It's silly, isn't it?
A used 3700X is likely to be the value king over the next few weeks.

Associate
Not a big deal for me as I've not played Far Cry since I had FC3 on the X box.

You miss out :D Far Cry 5 to me is one of the best game I played in recent years, and I am enjoying New Dawn...

Back on topic more people go mad to buy a silly piece of hardware more companies will behave same way, AMD is a corporate as Nvidia is (okay Nvidia is EA of hardware, rubbish) I personally agree with whoever says better to wait they are in stock, also because if you have issues you have no way to replace it.

Associate
Most of this comes from wanting to decouple your stock system from your web front end for security reasons. The downside is that if you get orders in faster than updates are polled from web front to back office it literally cant count fast enough to give the right information. This isnt something you can just make faster either, especially if its for events that only happen a few days a year. Stock systems are EXPENSIVE. Crazy money.

You'll be right at the front of the queue anyway, those who suffered with websites dying during the checkout process got hit hardest. If I'm guessing the retailer correctly it went to the 20th as soon as it went out of stock, so that's their next expected delivery. I imagine it took a lot more orders than they ever intended so people whose order confirmation went through even 15 minutes later (for whatever reason) could be multiple deliveries behind you.

This is true and as I said I totally get it, It is what it is! Not like I don't have a system to use for now, I'm sending my cpu to a friend too so want to hook them up asap as his Mrs is using an old i3 dual core, they aren't all bad though I did get a 3080 FE card from them so I'll forgive them :D

Associate
Same for me I think it was because my payment never went through until 7pm even though I ordered it at 2:09pm.
I'm not that bothered it's only 2 weeks and the price was very fair compared to OC & others I looked at.

My payment went through fairly quickly and I had confirmation of the payment being authorised on my second email at about 2:12pm, It's not a big deal i just wish itr didn't say the 6th on the 2 initial emails as it gave me the impression I was getting the product, I'm passing my current cpu to a frined for his Mrs so I want to get that to them but as you say hopefully only a couple of weeks until my stsem is fully upgraded.

Associate
Same for me I think it was because my payment never went through until 7pm even though I ordered it at 2:09pm.
I'm not that bothered it's only 2 weeks and the price was very fair compared to OC & others I looked at.

I think thats part of the issue because my order says i placed it as 20 past 2 but i know for a fact i paid and it came out my account before that time, so im guessing the people got them based on what time their money went into OCUK accounts not neccesarily when the "order placed" time states. so even if you placed an order bang on 2 and the payment didnt come out/into account by a lot later you can be in the queue.

Also just to update. My package shipped and scheduled delivery for monday now.

Associate
I think thats part of the issue because my order says i placed it as 20 past 2 but i know for a fact i paid and it came out my account before that time, so im guessing the people got them based on what time their money went into OCUK accounts not neccesarily when the "order placed" time states. so even if you placed an order bang on 2 and the payment didnt come out/into account by a lot later you can be in the queue.

Also just to update. My package shipped and scheduled delivery for monday now.
Had a similar experience with competitor. Ordered and paid at 1404, with confirmation of payment from bank, get to Friday night and says i ordered at 1730hrs so 30 Nov delivery prediction..... very weird!

Associate
This is true and as I said I totally get it, It is what it is! Not like I don't have a system to use for now, I'm sending my cpu to a friend too so want to hook them up asap as his Mrs is using an old i3 dual core, they aren't all bad though I did get a 3080 FE card from them so I'll forgive them :D
Congrats on the 3080FE man, mine just arrived this morning :). Its going to have to sit here while I queue for the cpu though. My order was just before 2:15pm according to the confirmation, anxiously waiting my queue position on Monday. They weren't price gouging so I expect they got battered until they took the pre-orders offline. Could be a long wait for me, especially looking at new shiny stuff in boxes each day! I went in for the 5950x so my estimate was 30th November when I clicked order...expecting that will get pushed back though as I only just got in before they took pre-orders offline.

Associate
As I said earlier in the thread, I sent a webnote asking for a cancellation to OC when I received confirmation for a 5600x from a competitor, only for the competitor to say that I was too late and cancel my order. Sent another webnote, posted a forum thread in customer support and finally managed to get through to OC on the phone (Called at 9:10 AM, still had a 50 minute queue! Not their fault, the just the lines are clearly heaving) and it's no longer cancelled. #29 in the queue and just waiting on my CPU for my new build, so here's hoping it comes in the next week or two!

Associate
I have had 2 occasions recently when a friday collection weas delivered on a Saturday without paying extra bud. Christmas rush so get it delivered while you can is my assumption.
You're right, I didn't pay extra for Saturday delivery, but according to DPD it should be delivered next hour :) will post if/once it arrives :)

Associate
Thank you for your pre-order for the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Sixteen Core 4.9GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail on order 5xxxxxxx.
You are currently in queue position 89

Not totally sure but im hoping i get my cpu soon :( im quite low in the queue so 2 shipments that are incomming to ocuk i should be on the 2nd wave i think i hope lol

and im 245 in the queue for my 3080 trio :/ damnt :(
With the current exchange rates these chips should be a max of £729.99 including VAT. Most retailers are pushing £799.99 so double profit. The poor Germans are been ripped off even worse! 980 euro and should be 800 euro lol.

Associate
With the current exchange rates these chips should be a max of £729.99 including VAT. Most retailers are pushing £799.99 so double profit. The poor Germans are been ripped off even worse! 980 euro and should be 800 euro lol.
Shipping internationally and customs adds a bit of extra overhead to account for the £20 on top of straight conversion which brings it up to £749.99. Probably a stretch to assume that a pallet of CPUs needs £20 extra per CPU to ship it of course but its not that bad. And yeah I saw OCUK's parent company are charging nearly £880 plus shipping. That's a yikes.

Soldato
Frankly the amount of price gouging is getting egregious.

They might as well not even bother saying you can buy anything for MSRP. Because they seem to continously release so little stock it causes gouging to happen.

Unless it's potentially deliberate in order to increase their margins like those rats nvidia.

Soldato
Frankly the amount of price gouging is getting egregious.

They might as well not even bother saying you can buy anything for MSRP. Because they seem to continously release so little stock it causes gouging to happen.

Unless it's potentially deliberate in order to increase their margins like those rats nvidia.
The gouging is why I don't buy any new releases from here. It's a **** take, but because others happily lap it up, they'll keep doing it.

I try to buy from the Indian place anyway as I can get discounted gift cards.

Back
Top Bottom