Long shot, but wtf do I do in Cullen for a week?

Man of Honour
Cullen Skink is ******* disgusting!! Others may like it though for some reason. Most of the distilleries have been shut all year due to Covid 19. Some nice walks around Cullen Bay and the footpath over the old railway viaduct is lovely. Plenty of fishing spots nearby and a good tackle shop in Cullen if you like sea fishing. If the weather continues like it has done so far this month never mind a umbrella, bring a set of survival gear. If you go to Lossie you can't access East Beach as the bridge is closed due to it being unsafe. There is a small but very interesting motor museum in Elgin that is open until the end of October.

Permabanned
OP
Just a quick thank you to all you loveable reprobates who gave me pointers, it's been a fab week. :)

We're heading back to a locked down England tomorrow (hooray for 9 hour drives?) but have had a week unmarred by wet weather and whilst it's been chilly, it's not been anything unbearable and I can happily report that all the cattle went unmolested. Findhorn bay was stunningly gorgeous, we watched jets play over Lossiemouth golf course and Duffus castle, Brodie Castle was eerily quiet and the Glen Moray distillery was really cosy and I ended up dropping many, many pounds on whisky and crystal glassware.

Oh and I banked mega points stumping up for a castle-facing room at the Callie in Edinburgh for SO's birthday, which is just as well as we couldn't go to The Dome what with the restrictions. I would turbo recommend that to anybody looking to stay in Edinburgh. Also don't follow the sat nav through the Cairngorms, it's driving license baiting fun. I can't remember driving my RS6 like that ever before, so we'll be going back the quieter route tomorrow. :D

Permabanned
OP
Which road? I do enjoy a jaunt over the Glen Shee road, the south side is particularly lovely these days :cool:

It was absolutely beautiful, the route we were on took us through Braemar and up into the hills where there were some skiing places, then onwards to Glenlivet and Dufftown. The route back home on the A96 via Aberdeen and Dundee was a bit less so, but given the thickness of the fog yesterday it was definitely for the best!!

You would have missed this in the dome!

I know! All the more reason to go back. :)

Back
Top Bottom