** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
You do not use vsync while gsync is enabled. The input lag was because of vsync. Gsync exists so you do not have to use vsync.
Not exactly correct, you can still use it. If you run gsync with vsync off close to max refresh for some reason you can still get tearing at the bottom of the screen. If you turn on vsync it stops this but it shouldn't add the input lag like it does without gsync (As long as your fps is below monitor max refresh rate). Normally this works fine but it seems not with this monitor. Check out battlenonsense on youtube as he has a lot of good info on this topic.

Associate
I just followed up about my replacement and they said they have no stock to replace it with and do not know if or when stock will return .... so would I like a refund? What I would have liked is one to have been procured for me when I sent it back for replacement. There was stock at that time and if I had the money, could have brought another. This is so annoying. Maybe I should have just kept the faulty one and used it for up to a year, then replaced it when stock and improved/fixed models were available....Dammit!

Last edited:
Associate
Not exactly correct, you can still use it. If you run gsync with vsync off close to max refresh for some reason you can still get tearing at the bottom of the screen. If you turn on vsync it stops this but it shouldn't add the input lag like it does without gsync (As long as your fps is below monitor max refresh rate). Normally this works fine but it seems not with this monitor. Check out battlenonsense on youtube as he has a lot of good info on this topic.

This only happens if you get more fps than your gsync range, as long as you stay up to 240FPS you won't have any tearing. You can cap your fps at 240 without using vsync if you really dislike the tearing you get above 240.

Associate
I just followed up about my replacement and they said they have no stock to replace it with and do not know if or when stock will return .... so would I like a refund? What I would have liked is one to have been procured for me when I sent it back for replacement. There was stock at that time and if I had the money, could have brought another. This is so annoying. Maybe I should have just kept the faulty one and used it for up to a year, then replaced it when stock and improved/fixed models were available....Dammit!

Yeah, I made sure to keep emailing them to see what was going on and then settled for a refund. It's pretty frustrating that they don't make sure they have stock for you before sending it back. I'm actually glad I did though as I managed to order a 3080 FE today, which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. Gonna sell my 2080 and then pick up the G9 whenever that finally comes back in stock. Fingers crossed it's before Cyberpunk.

Associate
I was not getting at you about the "gospel part" but can see your a little defensive. :)

My monitor and any I have owned since 2013 are instant when I press the power button (after being powered off, even in unplugged at wall), older ones well took a sec or two.

The G-Sync Pop up is caused by the fact they hide the "Deep Sleep" settings for the DP/HDMI connections (I can get same pop up re-enabling them on my monitor which is also a Samsung VA panel but not Samsung monitor).

Added to the fact I nearly forgot about the Res changing briefly on powering on moving all program windows around.

This fix seem more a band-aid IMO and time will tell what it disabled or causes but it is too late for me as no way I will buy another.

I'm no more defensive than anyone else here, and in that case I'm not sure who you were aiming the reddit bit at then as the rest was at me, that said what does grind my gears is spreading information based on rumour from reddit (which you then said not to trust), if actual fact appears then sure. I do agree you seem to have had a bad experience with some other issues though, not denying that one.

I also agree this takes slightly longer to power on than some others I've used, but none I've owned have been 'instant' and the extra 1-2 seconds doesn't bother me at all, though that obviously personal preference. Still not sure why you think this is a band aid patch, but then I haven't looked further into it as mine works as I expected. :)

Permabanned
I'm really tempted by this monitor but at the moment I am being put off by apparent issues that no one seems to want to talk about, lol ( by that I really mean Samsung ). Talk of the screen de-laminating and flickering.

Associate
Did you use the right usb port? It worked for me when using a 16gb sandisk cruser on the port closest to you, not the one closer to the back of the monitor.

Great you love it, me too, but still depends if a ps5 will work out alright on it. Then I will be sold :)

Yes m8, I used the same UBS stick on the previous monitor and it worked fine. All I did was transfer the updated Firmware file over. Very strange!

Associate
I'm really tempted by this monitor but at the moment I am being put off by apparent issues that no one seems to want to talk about, lol ( by that I really mean Samsung ). Talk of the screen de-laminating and flickering.
I would like to know exactly what % of monitors are having issues. Mine is an August build and so far I have no problems at all. I installed the nvidia hotfix
before the monitor arrived so I didn`t even have the 3080 /240 hz problem. I must have been either incredibly lucky, or the newer monitors are mostly better.
I`m sorry for the people facing problems. It really is a great monitor- for me at least

Associate
Mine is an August build too and I can see a bit of flicker in some loading screens, but none in game. No other problems to report, it's an amazing monitor. I have hooked up the Tobii Eye Tracker and it brings another level of immersion to sim racing.

Permabanned
Mine is an August build too and I can see a bit of flicker in some loading screens, but none in game. No other problems to report, it's an amazing monitor. I have hooked up the Tobii Eye Tracker and it brings another level of immersion to sim racing.

Do you have any issues with it getting very hot?

Associate
The stock situation is quite weird isn't it? I saw Amazon, Overclockers and ao getting new stocks but not Samsung themselves?

Associate
I purchased 3 27 inch G7s from the rainforest this week. First 2 had dead/defective pixels, 3rd is grand so far its an N9 September build. The two defective ones had Samsung branded sellotape on box the keeper had just clear sellotape for some reason. Samsung did have stock this week I got a stock alert, I clicked on the site and you could buy the 27 & 32, the 27 sold out n about 30 mins.

Associate
Hello fellow G7 owners!

I have two different Odyssey G7 monitors, and Low Input Lag mode causes both of them to have a skip / stutter like issue perfectly periodically about every 20 seconds. It disappears when that is switched off and returns when i switch it back on - it also persists through a complete Windows reinstallation. It can be observed on anything that moves, e.g. www.testufo.com framerate comparison or the ghosting test, or when moving around a window on the desktop or, of course, in games. Since this is happening on two monitors at once i think this is a software issue rather than a hardware one, but i need reports from other people and their G7s. For me, this issue only happens when at 240 Hz. Adaptive Sync must be off. Does someone come across that issue as well, or does someone have aby ideas what causes this behaviour and how it could possibly be fixed? (1080ti with the most recent drivers as well as the DP port firmware update. I tried older drivers to no avail as well.)

Furthermore it would appear that downgrading from 1009.3 to, say 1007.1 is not possible. Can you please help me investigate this and try downgrading? No need to actually do it, just have the monitor look for files on the stick. If i take the 1009.3 file and rename it 0000.0 or 1010.1 for example, the monitor will pick it up as a new version. However if i try that with 1007.1, the monitor does not find an update file.

Associate
I'm getting an issue where it Black Screens at random intervals. The only thing that seems to fix it is to remove the input cable. Its as if it turns itself off and when i turn it on the screen stays black.

Basically it goes black, i remove the cable, the screen comes back (the difference between an off screen and an on screen showing black etc) and it does a "DSC Update".

Cable back in, works fine.

This is happening so frequently that i've just left the cover off the back of the monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I made sure to keep emailing them to see what was going on and then settled for a refund. It's pretty frustrating that they don't make sure they have stock for you before sending it back. I'm actually glad I did though as I managed to order a 3080 FE today, which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. Gonna sell my 2080 and then pick up the G9 whenever that finally comes back in stock. Fingers crossed it's before Cyberpunk.

- Sounds like a good plan. I am going to complain to Samsung about whats happened and this process - Hopefully they will learn and improve. They will probably try to fob me off with a £25 voucher or something but at least I would have tried. I'm going to leave it with them and see what happens. If they get get good new stock and its all good, then I'll keep, if not, then when I eventually get my refund, will be able to quickly get something else for work use and PS5 at 4k 60hz - It's okay I won't be using it to full potential, not sure, maybe the 8k 60hz or 4k 120hz for a hdmi 2.1 tv will be a must for later but not now.

"Reckless humour" on YouTube have made a couple of great Ps5, xbox vids and just recently did a graphics card parody that quite funny but a bit of a switch up from their ps5 range of vids... Hopefully you will get the monitor in time for Cyberpunk in December.

Back
Top Bottom