• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would get the Series S, but all reviews say it doesn't run the One X version of games on back compatibility which is rubbish.

I thought that but then a lot of the games are being updated anyway. Gears 5 and Horizon 4 for example but still going to wait and see some comparisons before deciding to keep it or not. Storage is a bit rubbish but I might just take an SSD out of the PC and use that with a USB caddy for older games.

Soldato
I would get the Series S, but all reviews say it doesn't run the One X version of games on back compatibility which is rubbish.

Most of the games worth playing are having their own Series S optimisations. Not sure why people would assume a console that isn't marketed as being 4K would have 4K features/textures etc. Not to mention the fact the S isn't meant as an upgrade path from a One X.

Soldato
But the games are running at 900p in some cases and others at 30fps.

Games with Series S optimisations aren't many.

Just like not many games are not getting Series X optimisations. However, unlocked/60 frame rates and dynamic resolutions in One X games make that unnecessary.

Man of Honour

My S will be on a 1080p screen so that’s fine by me. It will only be used when the wife boots me out of the living room.

Well that's just greedy. :D

Money well spent if it keeps me in the wife’s good books. “Sure darling, enjoy your chick flicks, I’m off to the office to catch up on a few emails. Ignore any shouting about how my useless friends keep managing to shoot me in the back.”

Soldato
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Mass Effect Legendary Edition confirmed. Spring 2021 with XSeries enhancements.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
So the rumoured remaster is finally announced. I'm looking forward to it, though they're vague about the updates. I do hope "technical features" means fixes to ME1's inventory/UI/combat problems. But still I'm looking forward to jumping back into the ME universe without needing to go through the rigmarole of trying to mod and tweak the games to play right.

Hopefully it'll be on game pass. :cool:

Man of Honour
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Mass Effect Legendary Edition confirmed. Spring 2021 with XSeries enhancements.

So the rumoured remaster is finally announced. I'm looking forward to it, though they're vague about the updates. I do hope "technical features" means fixes to ME1's inventory/UI/combat problems. But still I'm looking forward to jumping back into the ME universe without needing to go through the rigmarole of trying to mod and tweak the games to play right.

Hopefully it'll be on game pass. :cool:

It will be on EA Play 1 year after release.

If EA Play is still on game pass then the remaster will be included, but if not then it definitely won’t be.

Back
Top Bottom