**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Associate
likely they are heavy in on android 11 development... that's almost done now for first release on the oneplus 8 i think so id expect the beta program for the 7 to start soon after that. so maybe an official build before Xmas for the 7 series if we hope?

Soldato
Little disappointed with the frequency of updates on my 7T Pro, had it since May and other than the first one out of the box, I think I've only had one security update since. I thought OnePlus were supposed to be fairly timeous with their updates compared to a lot of the bigger manufacturers, but it seems they're lagging behind even Samsung these days.
OnePlus outlined themselves a while back saying updates would be every two months and from my experience I'd say they're still bang on with that. I'm on an August patch so I'll not expect another until October.
What month is the most recent patch you received?

Soldato
Updates have dropped off for the 7pro as well.

Overall it's my second favourite every phone. The Nexus 6p was perfect.
The 7 pro would be perfect if it had a ready proper finger print sensor and a flat screen.
My 7T Pro is maybe not my favourite phone ever but certainly the best phone (for me) I've seen in the last 5 years or so and until mainstream manufacturers ditch the notch/cutout I can't see me changing. I find the finger print scanner to be excellent (no screen protector for me) however I wholly agree a flat screen would have been just the ticket. Wireless charging would have been nice but not a deal breaker.

Soldato
OnePlus outlined themselves a while back saying updates would be every two months and from my experience I'd say they're still bang on with that. I'm on an August patch so I'll not expect another until October.
What month is the most recent patch you received?

May security update, July for the Google Play update.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
Was stuck on 10.0.9 for ages on my 7T Pro, noticed it's finally picking up 10.0.12 today with the inbuilt updater. Took OP long enough but... it's still only the September security patch. I do have Oxygen Updater installed but seeing a lot of EU people was also stuck on 10.0.9 I was curious to see how long a new update would finally appear... which is 5 months. It's honestly been a complete joke with security updates now.

Soldato
I was stuck in the airport all day yesterday with my trusty 7t. 8hrs SOT and there was still 20% battery left when I got back to the hotel. If it wasn't for the camera then this would easily rate as the best phone I've ever owned. Even with the camera I think it might still take the crown.

I upgrade every year but I'll wait for the 9 series before I upgrade this time and hopefully the camera is improved as I'd like to stick with 1+ :)

Soldato
If it wasn't for the camera then this would easily rate as the best phone I've ever owned. Even with the camera I think it might still take the crown.

I 100% agree with that, I swapped it for Fold 2 but I still think the OP7 Pro is the better phone. Such a solid workhorse with a great notchless screen and snappy performance.

Caporegime
Android 11 ... any chance? So disappointing how slow OnePlus have become.

giphy.gif

Man of Honour
Couldn't fewer updates mean they got it more right to begin with? Obviously this doesn't apply to Android version updates.
That's one way to look at it but then the security patches are released monthly so you should be getting an update at least every other month which the 7 pro definitely wasn't getting up until mine went last month.

Back
Top Bottom