• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Don
Basically been told they gave it to someone else , who was technically in front of me but not in the queue system! I mean wtf.

Was told to suck it up or cancle pretty much, but am waiting to hear what one of the directors have to say on Monday.

What is the point of the queue if people can be slotted in at any point, that is wrong. Did they know of where the other cards went, or when they are due?

Associate
Anyone heard much about the Watch Dogs Legion codes? Really don't want to be stuck with COD and would honestly prefer they delay me until a better promo came out than get a COD code (not literally, I'm being emphatic (gimme my card please! :) ) Will we get an update on what code we'll get with our card or when the codes for Legion run out?

OC will not give COD codes on any 3000 series card, they already said it. If you get a Watchdogs code before it expires end of month feel lucky as that's all they are giving.
Even though all competitors have switched to the COD Code now OC not going to give you anything, even on new orders. Typical

Associate
What is the point of the queue if people can be slotted in at any point, that is wrong. Did they know of where the other cards went, or when they are due?

There has been a small group of people that didn't get assigned queue positions right at the start but were being handled manually so they would get their cards at the right moment.

Not sure why the system couldn't handle them normally, but they have been known about since the queue emails first went out.

Not much consolation, but they were justifiably owed a queue spot based on their order time and card selection just like everyone else and would have pushed people back if they had been added to the queue correctly.

Associate
:rolleyes:

I feel the same way (I’m at 2110 in the queue for a tuff non OC so I presume you had ordered Friday afternoon?).
I knew there would be a wait but optimistically presumed that would be 6-8 weeks. I was disappointed that there wasn’t (or at least I couldn’t find) any estimates of queue length before placing the order.

It has been mentioned a number of times in here that they should put Queue lengths for each card next to the Buy Button, they are far too greedy to do that they want as much money in as possible for some reason.
Any company with an ounce of common sense or Customer Appreciation would have stopped taking orders before now as most did, all OC are doing is digging themselves deeper and deeper into a hole they cannot climb out of.
Especially considering the poor amounts of stock they manage to get hold of compared the the others.

Associate
There has been a small group of people that didn't get assigned queue positions right at the start but were being handled manually so they would get their cards at the right moment.

Not sure why the system couldn't handle them normally, but they have been known about since the queue emails first went out.

Not much consolation, but they were justifiably owed a queue spot based on their order time and card selection just like everyone else and would have pushed people back if they had been added to the queue correctly.
these must've been a phone orders or "family and frinends" then. weird they did not sort out the queue before sending the emails, they would avoid confusion and our anger. Or that was someone whe replaced their card because of a fault?

Still, they cannot justify that mess they created

Don

Bit those people should have been slotted in to the queue weeks ago and as so should not be put in front of existing people in the queue now. No issue with that scenario.

Associate
Probably a few of those people as LastOf has mentioned before, He and a few others have no Queue position as something went wrong with their orders in the system.
Not sure why they could not have manually entered them in the Queues by now though, they have had 6 weeks and more to do something about it.
Rather than send them a card when their assumed position in queue comes up and not bother telling those that have been pushed back the reason.

Associate
Bit those people should have been slotted in to the queue weeks ago and as so should not be put in front of existing people in the queue now. No issue with that scenario.

You shouldn't be worried about this. If 10 cards were to be delivered then it wouldn't matter would it. Its like getting annoyed that you get overcharged in a shop after your employer hasn't paid you for 6 months.

Associate
It would if you were 10th in Queue, 10 get dispatched but you dont get one, you would ask where the hell yours was.
That is the issue with poor comms and no transparency, they need to tell people what the hell is going on.

It just makes them look like idiots who have not got a clue what they are doing.

Associate
Since you have received your card, could you confirm if you also received your promo code for watchdogs ?
Yes just after my dispatch email I received a watchdogs and GeForce now code via email. You do have to download Ubisoft Uplay which is annoying as it’s yet another piece of game software. I remember when it was just steam!

Associate
Basically been told they gave it to someone else , who was technically in front of me but not in the queue system! I mean wtf.

Was told to suck it up or cancle pretty much, but am waiting to hear what one of the directors have to say on Monday.

I expect them to say that the other buyer had to return theirs for repair, and thus got put first in line for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom