*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I can say now with full honestly the Q2 is an improvement on the Q1, the boot time is quicker, the screen is clearer and overall a much smoother experience, I'd say for 299 it's a bargain. The only downside is the damn Facebook imposition, but if you've got a clean account no danger (but I do not agree in any way with their big brother control on this).

I've got a Q1 too that I'm keeping, for multiplayer games with family members, and for anything that would benefit from the OLED display.

I could have written this! The only thing I don't like is the IPD adjust (needs more settings) and the FOV feels narrower. The big thing for me is that with the Elite Battery strap it's comfortable enough to wear for hours, while the Quest 1 took a a lot of experimentation and wasted money on mods to try to make it comfortable, and even then it wasn't amazing.

Associate
I could have written this! The only thing I don't like is the IPD adjust (needs more settings) and the FOV feels narrower. The big thing for me is that with the Elite Battery strap it's comfortable enough to wear for hours, while the Quest 1 took a a lot of experimentation and wasted money on mods to try to make it comfortable, and even then it wasn't amazing.

IPD has fell lucky with me, on the middle setting and all ok. Getting on with the standard strap ok too. I've got an external battery though with a magnetic USB connector in case of any energetic moments playing Beat Saber or similar (play this via VD, works great).

Can't wait until I build a new pc (either RTX380 or an AMD6800) - my GTX 1070 has done me proud but I want to go to max detail on my rift games via VD.

Soldato
Can't wait until I build a new pc (either RTX380 or an AMD6800) - my GTX 1070 has done me proud but I want to go to max detail on my rift games via VD.

I've got a decent PC, but I also have an Index, so I use that for PC VR, mainly because the FOV is much bigger and there's no video compression. I really need a better graphics card though (I have a 1080ti) so I can run sims better.

Associate
I've got a decent PC, but I also have an Index, so I use that for PC VR, mainly because the FOV is much bigger and there's no video compression. I really need a better graphics card though (I have a 1080ti) so I can run sims better.

What is the Index like Vs the Quest 2 (for games like Half Life Alyx - I do have this and love it). Never used an Index - is it worth the extra £700.....but damn that's a lot of moola.

Soldato
Gutted. Decided to return it. I just can't get use to the motion sickness. Had my first migraine in years. The idea of taking medications to counter the effects isn't my idea of relaxing. I tried various settings. Now the idea of switching it on gives me nausea.

Was blown away by Alyx and other games. Will have to try it again in a few years once they've worked out a way to manage this problem.

Soldato
Gutted. Decided to return it. I just can't get use to the motion sickness. Had my first migraine in years. The idea of taking medications to counter the effects isn't my idea of relaxing. I tried various settings. Now the idea of switching it on gives me nausea.

Was blown away by Alyx and other games. Will have to try it again in a few years once they've worked out a way to manage this problem.

Would imagine the only way you could stand a chance would be by using a VR treadmill. Or taking it slowly, and using teleport only at first?

Soldato
Would imagine the only way you could stand a chance would be by using a VR treadmill. Or taking it slowly, and using teleport only at first?

Honestly I tried all settings. Teleport. Blink turns etc. Different angles. Bizarrely my nausea etc occurs 12 hours later. I had a 2 hours session of alyx , no issues. Then next day I was knocked out :eek::p

Soldato
Honestly I tried all settings. Teleport. Blink turns etc. Different angles. Bizarrely my nausea etc occurs 12 hours later. I had a 2 hours session of alyx , no issues. Then next day I was knocked out :eek::p

I noticed at first that reality seemed a bit weird after playing VR for a while at first, took a week or so to overcome it. Sounds like yours could be some sort of eye strain?

Associate
Just picked the quest 2 up and struggling to cast to LG TV. I have iPhone with the oculus app. I tried a variety of mirroring and casting apps without success.

is buying a google chrome cast the only option?

My next challenge will be trying to set up VD, can you still cast from the Quest 2 when running VD? Or will VD be able to provide visuals to both the TV and Quest?

Ie. Will it be a waste buying the chrome cast?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Well after finally getting a 3080 my impression of the quest 2 had risen considerably for use with PCVR via link cable,
I would not reccomend this to anyone running a gtx 1070 it really was bad, unless your happy with really low res textures and bad AA,

Soldato
What is the Index like Vs the Quest 2 (for games like Half Life Alyx - I do have this and love it). Never used an Index - is it worth the extra £700.....but damn that's a lot of moola.

Nope. No way.

On a side note I've started playing Walking Dead Saints and Sinners wireless on the Q2 and it's flawless.

Soldato
Well after finally getting a 3080 my impression of the quest 2 had risen considerably for use with PCVR via link cable,
I would not reccomend this to anyone running a gtx 1070 it really was bad, unless your happy with really low res textures and bad AA,

Your 3080 didn't take that long to arrive in the end. Even though I am sure if felt like a life time to you :p

At least we know your Quest 2 isn't faulty!! Now you can push up the settings in the debug tool and see how your games look.

Let us know how Project Cars 2 looks now ;):D

Associate
Nope. No way.

On a side note I've started playing Walking Dead Saints and Sinners wireless on the Q2 and it's flawless.

Great - thanks for this.

I'm a sucker for gadgets, so if I'd have seen worthwhile improvements from an Index I may have considered purchasing.

But - as above, I've played HLA through on the Q1 and it was flawless, and looks even clearer on my Q2.

Gonna do a full replay once I've built a new PC in new year based around a 3080 or a 6800.

Associate
Nope. No way.

How would I go about playing The Walking Dead using Remote Desktop? just not sure weather to purchase this on Oculus site for the Cross play or through Steam ( no problem using Steam VR using VD)

Associate
Your 3080 didn't take that long to arrive in the end. Even though I am sure if felt like a life time to you :p

At least we know your Quest 2 isn't faulty!! Now you can push up the settings in the debug tool and see how your games look.

Let us know how Project Cars 2 looks now ;):D
Hey Pal,
I managed to grab a FE 3080 in the end,
I uninstalled project cars 2 but Automobilista 2 looks great, as does Elite Dangerous,
Sadly the headset is going back for a full refund,
If you remember me mentioning a burning smell, well Oculus finally got back to me and told me not to use it, typical now i have the 3080 lol,
I have the G2 on preorder so im just going to get a refund rather than a swap,
But i would be happy with A Quest 2,
For me the Quest 2 was a way into VR, It was my first headset to see if i liked it without having to spend a lot of money, and its has certainly left me wanting more, so i am very much looking forward to the G2,
But now i have the 3080 i would defiantly recommend the Quest 2 to people looking to get into VR like i was, as long as they have the horse power to run it :)

Associate
Just picked the quest 2 up and struggling to cast to LG TV. I have iPhone with the oculus app. I tried a variety of mirroring and casting apps without success.

is buying a google chrome cast the only option?

My next challenge will be trying to set up VD, can you still cast from the Quest 2 when running VD? Or will VD be able to provide visuals to both the TV and Quest?

Ie. Will it be a waste buying the chrome cast?

thanks

I use airscreen on my fire stick for casting to the tellybox!

Back
Top Bottom