LG 65CX or ?

Soldato
So the main TV downstairs is a GT60 Panasonic plasma... still a great TV with no issues 8 years on but is only 1080p... TV is mainly used for Netflix/Disney+ and the PS4.

Is the LG 65CX a good choice for such streaming and PS4 (to become PS5) for us?

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Hell of a jump in price (£600) from the 55 to the 65 inch :(

Caporegime
If you can wait for the 2021 models I'd do that.

These models have issues with new hmdi format as well as a few other things.

Hdtvtest on YouTube

Rtings website

Will fill in your knowledge gaps.

Permabanned
Usually around march or April 2021.

So 4-5 months.

They Will be more expensive as launch prices are the most expensive.

Cheapest time to buy a TV is late January or early February as models go eol and are sold to clear stock for the new models in march

So, almost half a year wait for something that no one even knows what exactly will end to be.

OP, just buy today what you like and forget the discussion.

Soldato
CX is a great tv everything has issues if you dig hard enough. I had a play with a Series X on a 65” CX and I did not notice anything with the picture with VRR enabled.....

Get it enjoy it and don’t read to much into it.

Soldato
So the main TV downstairs is a GT60 Panasonic plasma... still a great TV with no issues 8 years on but is only 1080p... TV is mainly used for Netflix/Disney+ and the PS4.

Is the LG 65CX a good choice for such streaming and PS4 (to become PS5) for us?

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Hell of a jump in price (£600) from the 55 to the 65 inch :(
It’s fantastic for both streaming and gaming. The best in fact.

Ignore the burn in tribe, I’ve had a B6, C9 and CX and they’ve all been flawless however I’ve used them.

You’d even notice a power saving using OLED over plasma, though you might have to use more heating in your house if you didn’t have your plasma as a radiator anymore :D

Man of Honour
I'm planning to get the Samsung Q95T, just to mitigate from the almost impossible to avoid OLED screen burn.

I didn’t realise it was so bad until I read updates from people who had bought oleds a few years ago when I picked up qled. My wife leaves the tv paused for ages.

Caporegime
Unless your constantly watching sky news/sports news that’s completely false

No your statement is false.

If you constantly watch sky news then you would never know you had burn in.

All it takes is long periods of static content. It's got nothing to do with news channels specifically.

Varied content is best to avoid it but what does that mean exactly. It means no longer than 2-3 hours of the same content in a row.

So if you watch sky sports for 3 hours it's best to watch a movie or Netflix for the following three.

Watching just sky sports for 3 hours every day and nothing else could cause it. Even though the TV is off for 21 hours per day.

Soldato
No your statement is false.

If you constantly watch sky news then you would never know you had burn in.

All it takes is long periods of static content. It's got nothing to do with news channels specifically.

Varied content is best to avoid it but what does that mean exactly. It means no longer than 2-3 hours of the same content in a row.

So if you watch sky sports for 3 hours it's best to watch a movie or Netflix for the following three.

Watching just sky sports for 3 hours every day and nothing else could cause it. Even though the TV is off for 21 hours per day.

Indeed, you just can't watch an OLED TV. You have to plan what you watch to avoid burn in.

Personally, I can't be arsed with that so I'll go QLED (yes I know the picture isn't as good, but there is no risk of damage)

Back
Top Bottom