Phasmophobia (VR horror co-op)

Soldato
Any one tried this. The reviews on steam are pretty amazing. It can be played solo too apparently so I'm interested in that. Just wondering what it's actually like outside of trendy people playing it on Twitch, is it actually worth shot? It is early access currently

Soldato
VR controllers.

Its a little janky but it works well enough.
Plus you have a slight advantage over normal gamers as you can carry 4 items instead of just 3 if needed.

Associate
This is a good bit of fun in VR, although the motion sickness killed me a bit.

Although it is a bit janky but a good amount of fun!

Soldato
The intro, tutorial, first mission is totally solo. I was able to start missions without others and i think you can run them, but i'm not sure how easy it'd be completing them.

Solo on the first mission though will freak you out, every sound. creek and footstep goes right through you. It's a game where the comfort of others matters, at least in VR:)

Associate
Only played with "friends". The air quotes are because they'd played before me and set me up nicely such as locking me in rooms telling me to call out the ghosts names and basically anything they could think of to get me....

By default it's sliding movement and caused motion sickness for me, and I don't normally get motion sickness. I think only adrift has caused that once before. You apparently can change to teleport motion which I'll try next time I pluck up the courage to play.

Soldato
Before I give up and refund this can someone help? So playing on a Quest via Link (Steam VR).

Just trying the first tutorial how do you even open up the journal, let alone put an entry in it?

And christ the controls are painful, constantly dropping stuff and unable to put cameras down where you want them without also turn them on/off too.

Soldato
The journal is on your right shoulder (no idea why) and your walkie talkie is on the left shoulder. Just 'select' them when your controller is at shoulder height
OMG! There is no indication of that on the controller screens at all!

So what is the book on the shelves with the pencil attached then?

So you can drop things onto your belt to store them. Any idea how many things?

Associate
So what is the book on the shelves with the pencil attached then?

So you can drop things onto your belt to store them. Any idea how many things?

The book on the shelf with the pencil is for 'ghost writing'. Some ghosts will scribe messages if you leave the book in their area.

You can store 2 things on your belt and (in VR) carry a further 2 things.

Soldato
Just finding it tedious and painful to play this game... At 100mins now so unless something radical happens... Steam refund.

Back
Top Bottom