• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Same here, I'm starting to think Ms have messed mine up as everyone else seems to have dispatched now.

why are companies dispatching so early, I have never ever had anything I pre ordered dispatch any earlier from the day before launch, is my mistake picking next day delivery?

Soldato
Not for PS5 games, no. So (currently) you can't 'cold store' PS5 games that need to be run from the SSD, on an external drive.

That is ridiculous but doesnt surprise me.

Think of the other artificial restrictions.

No 1440p.
On ps4 and ps4 pro, you cannot move already recorded screenshots/clips to extended storage. but yet can to usb sticks why?

Soldato
why are companies dispatching so early, I have never ever had anything I pre ordered dispatch any earlier from the day before launch, is my mistake picking next day delivery?

Already answered:

Has it actually shipped? The dispatch notification usually comes when the UPS label is created; it probably won't get picked up until Monday.
I order a shed load of stuff from Microsoft for Work (Surface kit) and its always the same

Soldato
Microsoft themselves say series s doesnt even install 4k textures

Applicable to MS games, for 3rd party they say the feature is there, but 3rd party devs decide if they want to use it.

I am ok with it been a 1440p/1080p machine but I do feel textures shouldnt be weakened as a policy. Texture size isnt resolution.

This i think is microsoft trying to enforce market segregation, which explains the BC decision for xbox one titles on the S.

Soldato
I guess time will tell but I expect if the courier company is letting people change to Monday then they believe they can honour that. They would be able to honour it if the parcels were even picked up a day late on a Sunday instead of a Saturday.

Jungle for me says arriving tuesday, no dispatch, I expect it will be dispatched late monday night for next day delivery.

Soldato
Well, have received first email the dpd is just waiting to receive item... So, if nothing else, I'm at least config I'll get mine Tuesday

For anyone wondering, i ordered in second round with the glitchy form

Soldato
and whys that good? its meant to be a 1440p machine or some on here would have you believe its a 4k console

Just taking a moment to point out that for some reason, you seem totally bitter toward the Xbox Series S. Did Microsoft promise you a free one and then didn't give you one or something? Your tone in your posts is argumentative at best and I'm struggling to work out why these things are affecting you so much. It's pretty simple, everyone knows it's a less powerful machine, but it still shapes up to be pretty damn good and a launch console at £249 is a bargain when you factor in Game Pass. If it can do 4k in some titles, then it does, and if it can't then it'll range between 1080p and 1440p. It was never marketed as a purely 1440p console. And has already been pointed out, the majority of people play games at 1080p anyway so what's the issue here? It's still high def.

Honestly, some people take things to heart far too much.

Soldato
Isnt that against t&c, they sending you to next day delivery before release date?

How come some customers, some retailers do early dispatch and other stick to the rules?

Shipping notices are created when the warehouses scan the item ready for pickup. It doesn't necessarily mean that the console has left the warehouse ready for delivery. I got a shipping notice from UPS yesterday but it's still waiting to be collected by UPS. That will likely happen tomorrow for delivery on Tuesday.

Soldato
Series S is fantastic value for money especially considering what it can do for £249.

Strangely I have also had an email from Amazon but I cancelled the order once Shopto confirmed I had one....

Soldato
Applicable to MS games, for 3rd party they say the feature is there, but 3rd party devs decide if they want to use it.

I am ok with it been a 1440p/1080p machine but I do feel textures shouldnt be weakened as a policy. Texture size isnt resolution.

This i think is microsoft trying to enforce market segregation, which explains the BC decision for xbox one titles on the S.

I thought the main reason for lack of 4k textures was to reduce overall installation sizes on the smaller drive?

Soldato
Interesting some carriers allow delivery upgrades on items. You would think they would receive communication from the retailer that its Tuesday st earliest. Interested to hear if some arrive Monday.

Back
Top Bottom