Recomend a good CPU waterblock block for AMD Ryzen

Soldato
OP
Probably same motherboard as me then Dark Hero was going Unify, but want the Asus. Have memory Patriot Viper 4400.

Yeah same, mobo. Main reason for going for one is the lack of chipset fan. I have run patriot memory in the past and it was always spot on. I’m not sure what to grab this time around. I was going to grab 4000mhz ram but from what what I have read 3600mhz is plug and play and any faster is a lottery, as I always loose the lottery I am leaning towards getting 3600mhz. :D

Associate
The best is not always cheap:) £170 for the cheapest version if that changes anything :p

EK is not the best lol

I have a Bykski CPU-XPR-AM-V2 block (£60) and I get 67C running R20 loops with my D5 set to 40% and my P12 fans running 925rpm. That's with 175W package power 4150 mhz and a score of 7433.

Last edited:
Associate
nope, don't have too. just look at the results online to see it isn't the best. there is a test just a few posts back for starters
Seriously dude, out of context ...Read all before you join the conversation. Nobody said EK is the best, but can't be bothered to connect the dots for you :rolleyes:

Associate
Nice. I tried to order the other day but there was no stock. How is the quality of the block?

So far i have only opened and had a look and it is a heavy lump but very well finished, cant give any more detail as i have not installed yet.

At the moment i am using a Kryos NEXT w/ Vision on a 9900k running at 5ghz all core and it does the job but that cpu block does not fit the am4 socket so bought the TechN block.

If and when i get the 5950x and install i will pop some piccies up.

BTW - i don't do hard tubing builds i like the flexibility of soft tubing :) so wont look as good as a hard tubing system when done.

Soldato
OP
So far i have only opened and had a look and it is a heavy lump but very well finished, cant give any more detail as i have not installed yet.

At the moment i am using a Kryos NEXT w/ Vision on a 9900k running at 5ghz all core and it does the job but that cpu block does not fit the am4 socket so bought the TechN block.

If and when i get the 5950x and install i will pop some piccies up.

BTW - i don't do hard tubing builds i like the flexibility of soft tubing :) so wont look as good as a hard tubing system when done.

Shame there isn't an AM4 mounting kit for the Kryos as its a nice block.

Last edited:
Associate
I have received the TechN AM4 cpu block and will update when it is installed (depends on the 5950x order when i receive it :) )

I'm interested to see the results, might get one for Christmas. How long did it take to ship to you?

I was considering the Optimus block, but that would cost extra in customs - other than that it's not a huge improvement over a Heatkiller block.

Associate
I'm interested to see the results, might get one for Christmas. How long did it take to ship to you?

I was considering the Optimus block, but that would cost extra in customs - other than that it's not a huge improvement over a Heatkiller block.

Hi there. I ordered last week and came 5 days later.

Associate
I myself bought a Optimus Foundation took 3 weeks, but cost was high from USA. I have seen the TECHN recently which is based in Europe and looks very good and is reviewed here.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.igorslab.de/techn-cpu-waterblock-gegen-watercool-heatkiller-und-ek-quantum-magnitude/&sandbox=1

For those still looking for a good block another review has been published for the TECHN again coming first in test against others.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/review-liquid-cooling-with-a-techn-waterblock,1.html

Associate
I'm re-using the Alphacool XPS Eisblock I had fitted to the 6700K on my 5900X and it's been fine. Most of the time temps are in the 60-65 range under heavy load (Cinebench etc.). Some games push it higher, Fallen Order in particular to the low 70s. I've not tried any stress testing with Prime95 or AIDAs FPU tests like the Guru3D review above.

Soldato
Bykski TR4 block, it's also compatible with AM4 albeit overkill, but who complains about overkill :p

6-HWs-RMS48y-IGjzu-Id-ORB0ecuwy-NOx-Fy8o-FVkgq3z8-MU.jpg

Associate
After a very long search for the best block for my 5950X, all availability went south. Got the pre-order last week for the TechN AM4, today got a tracking number. Will share the results this weekend. The custom loop will be using the WC5200G industrial chiller, hope to avoid condensation at 18c for 24/7 use.

Back
Top Bottom