XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Hi guys...

Hoping you can advise... my sons ultimate game pass expires this Wednesday11/11 .. I've set it to not reoccur... I've been reading all the posts.. so have I got this right..

If I buy 3 years of xbox Gold and wait until the 12/11 and join game pass for £10.99 it will update the 3 years of Gold I've bought into ultimate pass?... I did the £1 deal last year so used that.. and I don't have vpn so cant do the Brasil codes.. so just need to find a bargain deal for 3 years for Gold now??

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
I'm guessing this doesnt work after taking the £1 Ultimate deal? As in if I buy a years gold now, it wont become ultimate if that makes sense
I believe you can still convert it, but it's likely you won't get the trial price offer ie £1 it'll be £10.99, but it should convert. So make it worthwhile and convert 3 years worth;):D

Man of Honour
Soldato
I'm guessing this doesnt work after taking the £1 Ultimate deal? As in if I buy a years gold now, it wont become ultimate if that makes sense

It works once the gamepass sub has expired. You might not get the £1 offer again but all that means is you pay full price for 1 month instead.

Soldato
Don't be scared of VPN's people :)

It's a bit of software to install and isn't complicated. I used ProtonVPN, install, select Brazil and you're done.

It's not being scared of using a VPN. It's a concern that it's effectively using a code for a region that we're not in, and the possible repercussions from Microsoft. Granted, I've never heard of something happening but I'm not sure I'm willing to risk my 15 year old Live account just to save some money.

Soldato
In case it helps anyone, I've just done the whole process of purchasing Xbox Live Gold 12 Months (Brazil) from CdKeys and converting it into Xbox GamePass Ultimate whilst having an existing Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription.

I've previously used Xbox Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate £1 trials, and a 3 month code from a GPU promo on my PC, being tied into the Game Pass for PC subscription until 23/11/2020. Not wanting to wait to access the games on my Xbox Series X until then or miss out on the promotion, I've decided to follow the above conversion method and ended up with a Game Pass Ultimate subscription that now expires on 22/02/2023. Effectively 27 months added for £71 (£60 for two codes + £11 for 1 month of Game Pass), working out at £2.63/month.

The key was to disable auto renewal after every code/suscription was activated to get the extra 3 months free, as I didn't want to risk buying 3x12 month codes with an existing Game Pass subscription and finding out I cannot convert them all. I've used ProtonVPN to activate the Brazil codes after the purchase, all took less than 10 min.

Hope this helps anyone with an active Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Live Gold subscription that is thinking about doing the conversion to Ultimate early.

Fingers crossed similar deals will be available in 2 years.

Man of Honour
It's not being scared of using a VPN. It's a concern that it's effectively using a code for a region that we're not in, and the possible repercussions from Microsoft. Granted, I've never heard of something happening but I'm not sure I'm willing to risk my 15 year old Live account just to save some money.

Then do it on a secondary account on the same console.

Back
Top Bottom