Gaming PC for around £1000

Associate
Hi all,

A buddy of mine wants a new PC for gaming, he only needs the box, budjet is around £1000.

I have no idea what games he will be playing, he likes shooters and racing games.

What sort of setup should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The problem at the momment is there are new cpu and gpu arriving but getting hold of them is the dilemma. Also stock of other components are sparce.

There are lots of variations like you could drop the ram to 16gb, you can get the 3600 for £180.

DE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,006.18 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Associate
OP
The problem at the momment is there are new cpu and gpu arriving but getting hold of them is the dilemma. Also stock of other components are sparce.

There are lots of variations like you could drop the ram to 16gb, you can get the 3600 for £180.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, seems a very good build for the price.

Is the stock cooler for the processor good enough or should I be looking for something better?

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
Little update, he is buying 3x 27" monitors and wants to know if the pc will run flight sim 2020 without issues. He has the money set aside for the monitors and has a little more to add anything to the pc if needed. Any ideas? Or is this a pc that will cope without issues for the coming years. He does plan on upgrading gfx when more 3060/3070 are available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom