CPU cooler vs AIO cooler

Associate
I've just bought an Artic 34 esports duo, but considering changing for an AIO cooler.

Can you recommend any cheap ones thatll fit the B550 Mortar mobo and CoolMaster 320L m-atx case. I've seen one on OC for £50 but no if it is any good.

Thanks

Soldato
Why would you want to change the arctic is an excellent coole ?

£50 gonna get you this

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cool...-lite-240-aio-cpu-cooler-240mm-hs-07l-cm.html

You'd have to pay me £50 to use that. lol...

So what if it takes up room, what else are you planning on putting in there?

If this is purely for aesthetic reasons I'd consider improving your budget, with the CM 240 linked above you're paying £50 for a probable performance downgrade (sidegrade at best) and more points of failure.

Caporegime
AIO are inconspicuous and will hide at the top of my case, as opposed to the Artic 34, which takes up a lot of room.

Do you have something to put in that space?

Like it's kinda designed to fit that there. If it's purely an asthetic thing, just bare in mind you'll end up with a noiser (possibly) warmer system with a cheap AIO. They will also fail quicker than a air cooler.

Associate
Doubt you'll see much difference swapping unless you OC. Also consider that the optimal radiator setup is intake, which results in extra heat for the GPU - you're honestly wasting your money given that you already have a pretty solid cooler.

Soldato
Nonsense the optimal is to exhaust the heat straight out the case, You don't want to dunp heat into a case.
No, best for temperature is to have the rad at intake. Cold air through radiator.

as you said yourself you want hot air out so why run that hot air through your radiator.

There are pros and cons for top mounting rads such as spatial allowance. But from a pure temperature and performance perspective front mount at intake gives best results.

Man of Honour
No, best for temperature is to have the rad at intake. Cold air through radiator.

as you said yourself you want hot air out so why run that hot air through your radiator.

There are pros and cons for top mounting rads such as spatial allowance. But from a pure temperature and performance perspective front mount at intake gives best results.
I agree purely for cpu temps but at the expense of higher internal temps. It's a trade off

Apologies @Mesai

Back
Top Bottom