• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Superposition Benchmark.

Associate
ZSIasS2

https://imgur.com/a/ZSIasS2
2080 Palit Gaming OC @2070/7900Mhz
Intel i7 [email protected]
1080p extreme

Final benchmark before swapping for a 3090 :D

Associate
If you want to get on the scoreboard you need to use the settings in the OP.
But I don't really care about the scoreboard when using a placeholder card that performs significantly worse than 2080 ti in Superposition, infact it's kinda funny because even the 3080 barely matches the 2080 ti in the bench.

Associate
Why post scores if you do not care about the scores, surely you could have just viewed them on your local machine then? Instead of your rant about your 3070 being slower than your 2080ti
Because comparisons exist actually the low score for the 3070 is probably due to lack of memory bandwidth.

Man of Honour
OP
Because comparisons exist actually the low score for the 3070 is probably due to lack of memory bandwidth.

This is something that is difficult to prove if you are using different settings to everyone else.

Some obvious things to point out.

The settings you used require less memory than what is required in this bench thread settings.

You are also not using the same drivers for both cards.

The W-3175X is also not good for benching either due to the low clockspeed.

Associate
This is something that is difficult to prove if you are using different settings to everyone else.

Some obvious things to point out.

The settings you used require less memory than what is required in this bench thread settings.

You are also not using the same drivers for both cards.

The W-3175X is also not good for benching either due to the low clockspeed.
Ah so I'm not allowed to compare it to my own 2080 Ti result with the same settings and point out that the 3070 is bandwidth limited? Right, I'll keep that in mind.

Also before you continue with your weird ideology of the processor and talking about low clockspeeds and such, perhaps you should do some minor research.

I mean, it's understandable that you might think it's bad at gaming due to the only people doing reviews on the processor being idiots like Linus who took almost two hours to rebuild a prebuilt system, whilst losing two memory channels on the platform and undervolting it so much that it ceased to work properly running at 2.3GHz 70% usage.

You have toms hardware who ran it at 110c at sub 3.6GHz, maybe we should use gamersnexus as an example? Oh wait, he ran it on quad channel with an AIO breaking 110c aswell, with clock stretching, oh well, atleast he showed at 4.6GHz with trash ram(thermal throttling probably in his review for gaming) it matched the 9900K @5.2GHz...

Maybe we should use anandtech, pcworld, jayztwocents as an example? Oh wait, they all misconfigured the system and ran it at hilariously high temperatures so we can disregard their reviews too.

So here's my cpu at 4.5GHz vs a 10850K at 5.2GHz with an overclocked 3090 vs my 3070 for testing purposes at 1080p lite.
2o4JAom.png
mP0uiZn.jpg

Associate
Ah so I'm not allowed to compare it to my own 2080 Ti result with the same settings and point out that the 3070 is bandwidth limited? Right, I'll keep that in mind.

Also before you continue with your weird ideology of the processor and talking about low clockspeeds and such, perhaps you should do some minor research.

I mean, it's understandable that you might think it's bad at gaming due to the only people doing reviews on the processor being idiots like Linus who took almost two hours to rebuild a prebuilt system, whilst losing two memory channels on the platform and undervolting it so much that it ceased to work properly running at 2.3GHz 70% usage.

You have toms hardware who ran it at 110c at sub 3.6GHz, maybe we should use gamersnexus as an example? Oh wait, he ran it on quad channel with an AIO breaking 110c aswell, with clock stretching, oh well, atleast he showed at 4.6GHz with trash ram(thermal throttling probably in his review for gaming) it matched the 9900K @5.2GHz...

Maybe we should use anandtech, pcworld, jayztwocents as an example? Oh wait, they all misconfigured the system and ran it at hilariously high temperatures so we can disregard their reviews too.

So here's my cpu at 4.5GHz vs a 10850K at 5.2GHz with an overclocked 3090 vs my 3070 for testing purposes at 1080p lite.
2o4JAom.png
mP0uiZn.jpg
And here he goes again :)

Man of Honour
OP

2o4JAom.png
mP0uiZn.jpg

This is the Unigine Superposition bench thread.

Please post a score using the same settings as everyone else or you don't have an argument.

Not interested in FFXV in this thread.

Associate
This is the Unigine Superposition bench thread.

Please post a score using the same settings as everyone else or you don't have an argument.

Not interested in FFXV in this thread.
I was actually just giving an example in response to your rather uneducated response earlier about clock speeds.

Associate
FE 3070 1935-1950MHz(massively power limited lol)
+1025MHz VRAM
4.8GHz W-3175X
3200 CL14

Should be getting 3090's next week.

OmqWEJw.png pFlcgj3.png NRaq6YV.png 1GLtFlm.png

My old 2080 Ti FE for reference.

I am disappointed by this card in synthetic benchmarks and I'm disappointed by the amount of VRAM and bandwidth, however it's still a fairly good value card.

And if we're being brutally honest, the 3080's VRAM is a let down aswell.

xsmSq47.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom