Google Pixel 5

Associate
Hmm, I'm on Three, bought my P5 from Google but don't recall ever seeing the WiFi calling symbol on screen. I'm interested to know if Cleisthenes P5 was from Three or elsewhere. I know it was previously the case that the device had to come from Three.

Soldato
I've got a little software issue that is irritating me.
Namely when searching for something in chrome then tap to modify the search it auto fills to something else and searches for that instead.

Not a big issue obviously but irritating having to go forward and back a few times for a simple Google search.

Associate
Anyone had issues with audio dropouts when using the Pixel 5 and QC 35 IIs? I've tried other BT devices (earphones, speakers) and the headphones with other phones and don't get drops. Have the same with the two apps I use the most, Spotify and Podcast Addict. Done the usual off/on of everything, re-paired the headphones and updated firmware.

TIA

Soldato
Re 4g and Wifi calling - I bought direct from Google and the option was not there for my O2 Simo. I had to contact tech support through the MyO2 app and request it be activated, for good measure they are also sending me out an e-sim.

Soldato
Photo taken with an iPhone 11 pro. I think I have a condition where I get bored fairly quickly with phones and gadgets generally, so always need the next thing for a fix.. there must be a medical term for this.
If you ever find a cure please let me know!
Most times I buy a phone I convince myself, this is the one that will do 2+ years and then every year (pretty much around 'tectober') I buy a new one :D
In fact I know I posted on these forums this time last year when I bought the 7T Pro and stated this was the phone I was keeping until under screen front facing cameras come along. I said nothing would make me give up the full uninterrupted screen experience and yet here I now sit with the S20 FE...
The curved screen and lack of wireless charging on the OnePlus got the better of me in the end.

Associate
I had the same problem too, but phones not really improving much from year to year has cured me of that :D I'll be entering 2021 using a phone from 2017 which would have been utterly unheard of a few years ago!

Soldato
Photo taken with an iPhone 11 pro. I think I have a condition where I get bored fairly quickly with phones and gadgets generally, so always need the next thing for a fix.. there must be a medical term for this.
If you regularly get itchy feet then the Pixel 5 is unlikely to be for you, if you want a solid phone that probably won't let you down for a couple of years and have faster than fast updates then it might be.

Back
Top Bottom