• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He can't prove that it doesn't come from the capacity alone. Why didn't he test vs 2x16GB?

Why would capacity come into play if you can see that there is no utilisation of it? I am not saying they shouldn't of tested 2x16GB but you can also see the capacity just wasn't being used which should mean the point is moot.

Soldato
My advice for dealing with companies like OCUK when they are patently profiteering is simple. Don't buy from them. There are plenty of other retailers that are cheaper and even some selling at RRP. Blatant profiteers like OCUK deserve to be left holding tens of thousands of unsold stock, watch the price drop then and still buy it somewhere else.

Caporegime
Everyone seen the HU 5600x review? It's a really great set of testing that he did using a lot of recent games and comparing it vs many popular CPU's:

The gains from a Zen3 in some of the more recent games are significant and it's incredible how the 5600x is basically as fast as the 5900x and 5950x for gaming and if you are gaming at 1440p or 4k then a 5600x is likely all you need. The gains over my 3300x in some of the games are phenomenal, although the average overall is only 25% more FPS.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought a 5950x just for gaming, because it's a really silly purchase uness you are using it for heavy production too. The 5900x is the clearly the best overall choice if you are both gaming and doing productive stuff.

Overclocking the 5600x basically yielded no significant gains, as expected for Zen CPU's.

The poor guy really need to go get some sleep. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel sorry for anyone who bought a 5950x just for gaming, because it's a really silly purchase uness you are using it for heavy production too.
It's been obvious since the announcement that the 5600X would be the gaming sweet spot. All those 'but consoles have 8 cores etc' folk were told, even by HU Steve a couple weeks back that cores are ~irrelevent.

Soldato
It's been obvious since the announcement that the 5600X would be the gaming sweet spot. All those 'but consoles have 8 cores etc' folk were told, even by HU Steve a couple weeks back that cores are ~irrelevent.

They arent testing next gen console ports though are they. Its certainly possible that more cores will get used in future.

Caporegime
They arent testing next gen console ports though are they. Its certainly possible that more cores will get used in future.
It's more important for them to feel "vindicated" than to worry about what will likely happen in the near future :p They aren't listening, we're wasting our breath. Or fingers.

Caporegime
My advice for dealing with companies like OCUK when they are patently profiteering is simple. Don't buy from them. There are plenty of other retailers that are cheaper and even some selling at RRP. Blatant profiteers like OCUK deserve to be left holding tens of thousands of unsold stock, watch the price drop then and still buy it somewhere else.

just hold on for a few weeks they all will drop prices. simple they need to sell. prices are a joke. you seeing it a lot now days people have stock so take the **** with pricing.

Associate
I feel sorry for anyone who bought a 5950x just for gaming, because it's a really silly purchase uness you are using it for heavy production too. The 5900x is the clearly the best overall choice if you are both gaming and doing productive stuff.

I recommended a 5600x to my mate for gaming and then on launch I didn't follow my own advice and went with a 5800x :D

Kinda regretting spending the extra money after I saw the reviews come in, but I'm just telling myself the extra cores will be great when it eventually ends up in my NAS for virtual machines...

Associate
I recommended a 5600x to my mate for gaming and then on launch I didn't follow my own advice and went with a 5800x :D

Kinda regretting spending the extra money after I saw the reviews come in, but I'm just telling myself the extra cores will be great when it eventually ends up in my NAS for virtual machines...
Might end up being a wise choice then eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom