**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
As a Pixel 4XL 64GB owner It's frustrating, as I keep running out of space (doing all the usual photo backup etc) I regret not buying the 128GB version last year, but was planning on getting the Pixel 5, but having thought about it, I just don't think I will, which means I have a weird dilemma, either sell my 64 and get a 128 4XL or switch to a rival brand (not Samsung and Not iOS) the issue with the 4a/ etc is I want the wireless charging, same with something like the OnePlus 8T - no wireless charging, and the OnePlus8 Pro seems to get hit and miss reviews, and I hate curved screens (fussy eh!)

Soldato
Where are you running out of space ? You could delete all photos from the device and let them be on the cloud

In the photos app i've cleared all the space it says they are 'safely uploaded to the cloud' If I go into storage it says 61.90GB used of 64GB , Photos and videos 13GB, Music 1.5 / Games 1.4 / 'Other apps' 23GB' a few smaller ones, and finally System 21GB

If I go into other apps, it shows 'Google' as the most storage at a whopping 1.4GB :D then Whatsapp at 725mb, its strange!

Soldato
In the photos app i've cleared all the space it says they are 'safely uploaded to the cloud' If I go into storage it says 61.90GB used of 64GB , Photos and videos 13GB, Music 1.5 / Games 1.4 / 'Other apps' 23GB' a few smaller ones, and finally System 21GB

If I go into other apps, it shows 'Google' as the most storage at a whopping 1.4GB :D then Whatsapp at 725mb, its strange!

Maybe go for a reset? Sounds like something is a miss. I only had 64 on my 4xl and never had any space issues. Everything was cloud stored

Soldato
That is quite a lot. How big is your storage plan? As said, I would back that all up and wipe them off the device, but then I have the 2TB plan and a pretty constant good connection... I get that not everyone has that.

Just standard storage, I have dropbox 2TB though.

Maybe go for a reset? Sounds like something is a miss. I only had 64 on my 4xl and never had any space issues. Everything was cloud stored

I am starting to wonder to be honest, did you go for a Pixel 5? As I remember we had similar views on it, and whilst I was a definite-no a few days ago, I am now back to being tempted again, only thing I am concerned about is the speaker issue (hearing others on the phone is apparently not good?) and the size downgrade from the XL

Soldato
I kept the Pixel 4 in the end.

Battery aside, it's an excellent handset. For the price I'm paying, it's a bargain. I may trade up to a 4a 5G or 5 later, at the right price. Or maybe a Note 10 Lite. But for now, I'm content to stick with it.

Soldato
Just standard storage, I have dropbox 2TB though.

I am starting to wonder to be honest, did you go for a Pixel 5? As I remember we had similar views on it, and whilst I was a definite-no a few days ago, I am now back to being tempted again, only thing I am concerned about is the speaker issue (hearing others on the phone is apparently not good?) and the size downgrade from the XL

I still enjoy the 5 and wanted to try it. The phone speaker is odd for a couple of calls but you adjust and it becomes normal fairly quick.

The in hand very different mainly the weight of the 4xl but the screen size is not to far off. I am 6'3 with big hands and aging eyes but it's been fine on the 5.

It's not a upgrade in many ways. More a refresh. Maybe have a look at black Friday deals ?

Having the finger print back for PayPal, banking and other apps is a breath of fresh air. Shame the face unlock was not taken up like it did with apple

Associate
Anyone have any feedback on the 4a at all? My 2XL took a bath with the dog last night and need a replacement ASAP - was hovering over the 5 a few weeks ago with the headphones, wish I'd pulled the trigger now :rolleyes:

Soldato
I still enjoy the 5 and wanted to try it. The phone speaker is odd for a couple of calls but you adjust and it becomes normal fairly quick.

The in hand very different mainly the weight of the 4xl but the screen size is not to far off. I am 6'3 with big hands and aging eyes but it's been fine on the 5.

It's not a upgrade in many ways. More a refresh. Maybe have a look at black Friday deals ?

Having the finger print back for PayPal, banking and other apps is a breath of fresh air. Shame the face unlock was not taken up like it did with apple

I just went for a 5, it arrived yesterday and I set it up, I must admit to struggling with the size of it, I have a feeling it's going to be too small, coming from the 2xl,3xl and then 4xl.

I have a feeling it'll be going back... May look at the OP8 Pro, but concerned about the OS!

Soldato
I just went for a 5, it arrived yesterday and I set it up, I must admit to struggling with the size of it, I have a feeling it's going to be too small, coming from the 2xl,3xl and then 4xl.

I have a feeling it'll be going back... May look at the OP8 Pro, but concerned about the OS!

I had all the same as you but have adjusted. It took a week.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've had my P5 for a few days now, and it's going back. I genuinely missed motion sense and face unlock too much. My fingers and pixel FPS's don't get along either, I have quite dry hands so maybe that's it but I had the same issue with the P2XL. I have to redo my prints every few days or they stop working. Photo processing is longer too I've noticed.

Battery and form factor of the P5 is great though.

I kind of expected this so I'm not 100% surprised. It's a shame as I was hoping to love the smaller phone, but there's things I miss to much from the 4XL.

It's a great phone, but not for me.

Soldato
I've had my P5 for a few days now, and it's going back. I genuinely missed motion sense and face unlock too much. My fingers and pixel FPS's don't get along either, I have quite dry hands so maybe that's it but I had the same issue with the P2XL. I have to redo my prints every few days or they stop working. Photo processing is longer too I've noticed.

Battery and form factor of the P5 is great though.

I kind of expected this so I'm not 100% surprised. It's a shame as I was hoping to love the smaller phone, but there's things I miss to much from the 4XL.

It's a great phone, but not for me.

I moved to the OP8 Pro from the 4XL in the end, after a week of use I don't miss the Pixel at all, love having Face unlock as well as the FPS.

Back
Top Bottom