• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Any advice for external SSD? I've been debating over the WD Blue 1tb or the Crucial MX500 all weekend, already got a Startech USB 3.1 bridge on order.

I bought the Crucial as it generally has better reviews and fewer reports of failure. Its still a great price for 1Tb.

Won't we need to download Series X games (like AC:V) again on the Series X? Im assuming the version I've preloaded will be the X1 version.

Correct, X upgrades aren't delivered as a patch, you download the X version of the game.

Gamble didn't pay off - still waiting to be collected, worth a try though!

Worth a try. Most delivery companies don't collect or move items on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to move older games onto the external to copy across, but the stuff that's getting enhanced like FH4 and Siege (enhanced and I want a fresh install of) I'll download.

Associate
Amazon saying delivery by 8pm tomorrow. They usually arrive by lunch. All my fingers crossed :D

I wouldn't trust anything what Amazon say, and that's with me having my order with them. I knew going with them would be a mistake but what with everything going on I thought they'd be the safest option.

Fully expect them to screw me over.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't trust anything what Amazon say, and that's with me having my order with them. I knew going with them would be a mistake but what with everything going on you would think they'd be the safest option.

Fully expect them to screw me over.

With it being delivered to my work, any time after 4pm and I probably won't get it until Wednesday.

I've had no news on my AC Valhalla Ubi order either. Meant to get a tracking number today I think. With a bit of luck a load will install off the disc limiting the download needed.

Soldato
Anyone seen anything go out or get updates from Argos?

Really not confident these Muppets will send anything.

Had an email from them on the 3rd saying DHL will deliver on the 10th and I'll get an email sent with tracking prior. Still not had that...

Edit: according to the uproar on twitter, we should get tracking today.

Caporegime
OP
What happens if you've got a Series S and a Series X and you install a game on to the little Seagate cart so you can play the game on both consoles. Does it keep re-downloading each version every time you swap consoles? :p

Soldato
Had an email from them on the 3rd saying DHL will deliver on the 10th and I'll get an email sent with tracking prior. Still not had that...

Edit: according to the uproar on twitter, we should get tracking today.

Didn't get that and order still processing so think I might be outta luck... :(

Soldato

Did they take payment? An Argos rep told me that if you paid and got emailed a reciept you're guaranteed one for launch. Get on to them via live chat and put yourself at ease.

The split motherboard design is very impressive, the fan reminds me of one of those industrial Deltas.

Just aswell it's nowhere near the same volume!

Soldato

I reckon you'll be OK. They can still ship anytime today up until about 10pm and it'll still get delivered to you tomorrow. Most of our couriers in the UK have pretty good logistics networks and the distances for goods to travel aren't as far as they are in somewhere like the US where it takes two days most of the time. I reckon you'll get it tomorrow :)

Man of Honour
I reckon you'll be OK. They can still ship anytime today up until about 10pm and it'll still get delivered to you tomorrow. Most of our couriers in the UK have pretty good logistics networks and the distances for goods to travel aren't as far as they are in somewhere like the US where it takes two days most of the time. I reckon you'll get it tomorrow :)

Yup, the likes of DPD would easily get it to you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom