• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Argh, I can track my package on the van but I’m near the end of his route today, likely around 1600.

As I’m working today it’s probably a good thing.

Soldato
I reckon you'll be OK. They can still ship anytime today up until about 10pm and it'll still get delivered to you tomorrow. Most of our couriers in the UK have pretty good logistics networks and the distances for goods to travel aren't as far as they are in somewhere like the US where it takes two days most of the time. I reckon you'll get it tomorrow :)

I have had dispatch emails from Argos late into the evening before.

Fingers crossed my order arrives tomorrow. They took my money on 22nd September so fingers crossed!

Soldato
Are Microsoft making much, if any money on these units?

I mean looking at the specs you are looking at:

6700XT level GPU or more - $350-$400?
Ryzen 3700 CPU (ish) - $300?
1tb Gen 4 PICE - $150?
+ Motherboard, controller, ports, fans etc

Obviously they will be getting a big discount on all those parts compared to consumers, but the manufacturers still have to make some money. I just can't see there being any margin it for them.

I think on the X its very likely they not making money, what is in that machine for the price is ridiculous.

Caporegime
Anyone reckon stores will have stock at stores that are not pre-order? I remember when the Snes mini came out I simply walked into Argos and bought the only one they had in stock!

Maybe, although won't most stores that sell these be closed due to the lockdown?

If not, i guess you may get lucky. Probably will be a bit of a wild goose chase though.

Soldato
Amazon saying delivery by 8pm tomorrow. They usually arrive by lunch. All my fingers crossed :D

Outside of lockdown my amazon logisitics usually arrive any time between about 9pm and 2am. (yes they that bad).

But since lockdown started, and with many offices closed thankfully they usually no later than about 4-5ish bit still the huge delivery window.

Soldato
My UPS shipping update hasn't changed at all, still has delivery for tomorrow, but as yet no collection of goods.

Generally, big hub collections usually only happen much later on in the day as most companies have a cut-off for same day delivery late afternoon. I can't imagine we'll have any update until after 15:00 at least today.

Soldato
You'd have to be pretty dedicated to upgrade the SSD anyway, you have to take the whole thing apart to get to it. Nice design though, good to see both MS and Sony have taken cooling seriously in this gen.

I'm also waiting for some news from Argos, they took the money on the day of pre-order so no excuse really.

Soldato
You'd have to be pretty dedicated to upgrade the SSD anyway, you have to take the whole thing apart to get to it. Nice design though, good to see both MS and Sony have taken cooling seriously in this gen.

I'm also waiting for some news from Argos, they took the money on the day of pre-order so no excuse really.

Yeah, I'm really annoyed with Argos

Due to the issues I had last gen, I pre-ordered with four different retailers. Only one has emailed to say it's been posted on time.
I was sat waiting at 7am like most people lol

Only when I have it firmly in my hands will I dare cancel the other three.

Soldato
And the regret is kicking in. Why did a cancel my Series S order?!?!?? :p

Xbox One S is a bit long in the tooth now. While there isn't much new to play, the BC enhancements would be appreciated.

Soldato
My curry's tracking with DPD has only changed to less friendly wording "We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel"

I am going to be so ####ed off if it doesn't come tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom