Anyone with children with ride on Electric Cars

Associate
Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask the advice of any parents on the forum.

My 7 year old daughter has asked for an electric car for Christmas - have had a look around and I'm worried most of these are aimed at younger kids 6 and under.

Does anybody on here have a child of a similar age with a ride on Electric car - would be great to have any recommendations.

Thank-you in advance.

Caporegime
Check some youtube videos - IIRC you can "upgrade" some of them by swapping out the battery for a more powerful one... makes them a bit more fun

Soldato
I assume they are less crap now than the ones around 20 odd years ago.

Everyone I remember having one had about 3 minutes ride time before needing to charge for the rest of the day.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
This is making me unreasonably angry but also LOL.

Lol - yep, kids are gonna be kids - not sure where Alice has got the idea from, but for the last couple of years she has made a beeline in Smyth's straight to these.

We are moving house soon and have a decent large paved patio going across back of the house and round both sides so a fair bit of space to use one (still got a good sized lawn as well, not a complete concrete jungle). I'd resisted up until now on the basis it would otherwise have sat in the shed all year unused.

I have only ever seen "chav" kids on these :(

I can guarantee we are definately not Chavs - but I can see where peeps above are coming from with that comment.

Maybe something like this
http://kidselectriccars.co.uk/ride-...seater-24v-rideon-childs-quad-bike-p-624.html

EDIT..It Only has a 6 month warranty for that price :eek:

Sheesh! Thank-you for the suggestion, didn't realise they got that expensive (bet it says Nvidia on it somewhere lol).

Associate
My children loved there little ride-on electric car. It went all around the house gardens and lasted well beyond them outgrowing it.

It was a great buy for them and I would say that if you have the space around the house then go for it.

However, at 7 years she may, as you say, be getting to the age when she would need a larger and more expensive version.

Soldato
What nobody's suggested an old pram, a washing machine motor and some batteries. Add a little bit of ingenuity and I am sure all will be fine.;). Or just wrap the kit of parts for her to do later.:D

Can't type for toffee
Don
Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask the advice of any parents on the forum.

My 7 year old daughter has asked for an electric car for Christmas - have had a look around and I'm worried most of these are aimed at younger kids 6 and under.

Does anybody on here have a child of a similar age with a ride on Electric car - would be great to have any recommendations.

Thank-you in advance.

Check the Charge versus "play" time
Vast majority of them are an absolute joke

Back
Top Bottom