Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
I think pre-market and after hours just needs to be supported by your broker. IG advertise that they have 70 US stocks available marked as "All sessions" that can be traded.

If you (carefully) use CFDs instead of owning the stock you get longer hours anyway.

Soldato
Can someone explain the pre-market and after hours US shares seem to have please? I noticed I cannot trade in such hours, so is it only the large institutions that trade in the pre and after hours?
I noticed Corsair hit $29.90 this morning in pre hours and from watching the pre hours and after hours on this share before they seem to somewhat reflect actual trading hours a little.

https://stockanalysis.com/stock-market-hours/

Does that help?

Soldato
Can't see this changing fundamentals that testing will need to continue for at least the next few years.

Still lots of hurdles in getting the vaccine approved, produced and administered ( to those willing) and long term effectiveness yet to be determined.

Too much optimism and hype this morning. Wouldn't be surprised if we see this happen once more.

Soldato
It's borderline fraudulent IMO. The big pharma companies have been doing this since the pandemic began, every month pretty much without fail they've come out hyping up promising results which turn out to be nothing. This particular study is based upon 94 volunteers. They don't know whether there will be lasting protection, it's still in phase 3, and if approved you need two doses.

Sounds like poop to me. But the markets will rally and won't come back down, because... 2020.

Soldato
It's borderline fraudulent IMO. The big pharma companies have been doing this since the pandemic began, every month pretty much without fail they've come out hyping up promising results which turn out to be nothing. This particular study is based upon 94 volunteers. They don't know whether there will be lasting protection, it's still in phase 3, and if approved you need two doses.

Sounds like poop to me. But the markets will rally and won't come back down, because... 2020.

The BBC article states the vaccine has been given to 43,500 people...unless I've read it wrong

Soldato
The BBC article states the vaccine has been given to 43,500 people...unless I've read it wrong

43,000 volunteers immunised, 9 out of 10 went on to develop symptoms, 94 of those received the placebo - they've concluded 90% effectiveness. *BBC news interview.

Didn't really make sense...

Soldato

Don't we already know there is no long lasting protection given that some people have infected multiple times and one even died from the second infection. Just enjoy playing on the markets.

Soldato
Anyone benefit from the IAG rise? Seems to have stabalised at around 133p, it rose to 147p this morning. I got AFC energy at 18.2p last week, going to hold onto those for the long term though.

Back
Top Bottom