• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
If you are planning on trying to secure a series X or s for Christmas in the UK I'd recommend making an account on the sites in this tweet to help avoid any slowdown when trying to make a purchase.

received-819149711960920.png
Only problem is only one of those retailers do the all access pass for the Xbox. So really limited in that respect :/.
I’m still going to be trying first thing tomo morning from Game to see if I can nab a series x on the all access pass option. But I don’t hold out much hope for it.
Emailed Smyths but they have said they are not expecting anymore series x stock tomorrow and they aren’t sure when they will be getting any up to xmas.

Soldato
Damn, I felt bad ordering an extra Currys pre-order code because I was essentially taking a console away from someone that could have ordered it. As it is, the code went to someone else as soon as I knew my order was secured. I can't imagine how I'd feel knowing I'd intentionally ordered an extra three consoles, stopping three people from getting one at launch, and then cancelling the three that weren't needed. But hey, look after number one eh!

absolutely! I'm certainly not the only one on here to have done that.

When the likes of currys are well known for giving orders to other people, you can't blame them. They need to come up with a better system really.

Soldato
I still can't believe how tiny the Series S is. I would really have loved to get one of those but the small SSD size is the only negative. I'd have to buy the external cart and then you're in to Series X territory.

I can't find it now but someone did tests playing games from the internal drive and then an external NVME, SSD and HDD. The only real difference was from the external HDD so I'm just going to put an SSD from my PC into a caddy and use that for now as I won't be playing those gamepass games on the pc going forward. Will give me a bit of space for older games without spending much.

Soldato
A 500GB SSD is a good cheap solution for the S, they're under £50 now and it'll more than double the available space.

I'm tempted to dig one out of a server I'm not using at the moment for my PS5 when it arrives.

Soldato
A 500GB SSD is a good cheap solution for the S, they're under £50 now and it'll more than double the available space.

I'm tempted to dig one out of a server I'm not using at the moment for my PS5 when it arrives.

Yeah but that's of no use for actual Series X enhanced or PS5 games. I suppose it's better to have the non-enhanced and PS4 games on USB storage rather than wasting precious internal though.

Soldato
Yeah but that's of no use for actual Series X enhanced or PS5 games. I suppose it's better to have the non-enhanced and PS4 games on USB storage rather than wasting precious internal though.
Exactly, and it's not as if there's enough PS5/X/S enhanced games right now to fill up the internal SSD's.

Back
Top Bottom