Anyone with children with ride on Electric Cars

Soldato
Grandparents got my kids one of the Mclaren P1s for a Christmas present and while it took them a while to warm to it, they absolutely love it now. Make sure you get one with a remote control.

Caporegime
Pedal cars are better. Helps develop the keep-fit habit, too.

Was going to suggest this.

I remember having to use my legs as a kid.

Or buy a bike even?

Otherwise a kart that has pedals. Buying an electric powered car is fine for 2-3 year olds who can only walk 5 mins before getting tired but not an active child at school

Associate
OP
Was going to suggest this.

I remember having to use my legs as a kid.

Or buy a bike even?

Otherwise a kart that has pedals. Buying an electric powered car is fine for 2-3 year olds who can only walk 5 mins before getting tired but not an active child at school

She's got a bike already and she's as fit as a flea, she's a typical seven year old who never sits still lol.

A kart might be a good idea though.

Alice has asked for an electric car for chrimbo - but it's looking like for anything decent a considerable sum of money, so I might have to review this more closely.

Was hoping to get something ok'ish for a couple of hundred but doesn't seem likely.

Definately couldn't justify some of the massive price tags!

Appreciate all the help up to now!

Caporegime
She's got a bike already and she's as fit as a flea, she's a typical seven year old who never sits still lol.

A kart might be a good idea though.

Alice has asked for an electric car for chrimbo - but it's looking like for anything decent a considerable sum of money, so I might have to review this more closely.

Was hoping to get something ok'ish for a couple of hundred but doesn't seem likely.

Definately couldn't justify some of the massive price tags!

Appreciate all the help up to now!

https://www.bergtoys.com/uk/pedal-gokarts/e-bf

These are hybrid so the faster you pedal the more support you get I used a hybrid bike and cycled for 4 hours without breaking a sweat a year later on a normal bike was gassed after 15 minutes.

Hybrid kart sounds best of both worlds.

Soldato
As above she may be getting too old for a ride on, my lad had one when younger but I don't think he would be comfortable being seen in it now, you know what kids can be like when others say something is no longer cool.

As an alternative what about something like an escooter or hover/balance board? I ended up getting my lad an off-road hooverboard for his 7th and he absolutely loves it. Due to size its easy enough to put in the boot and take it parks etc rather than being stuck local to home.

Permabanned
Girls are generally much smaller than boys. If she can fit and get good use out of it then I see no reason not too. I’m sure she would enjoy it. My eldest Son had a motorcross bike at 7, was fun but he did have a few minor crashes. The Mrs was NOT impressed.

Soldato
Does anybody on here have a child of a similar age with a ride on Electric car - would be great to have any recommendations.
I got a little electric audi S5 for my little girl.She was 4 at the time I think? It was so damn slow. 6V and boring. So I added an extra motor to make it 2WD (It was single rear wheel driven) and updated the battery to a li-on 18v job. The thing pulled wheelies and drifted like a beast after that. She's now 6 though and is getting a 50cc 2 stroke quad for christmas :D Not sure this stuff has ever been for her...

Man of Honour
Not sure this stuff has ever been for her...

I went to some go-karting event years back - pretty casual turn up set a lap time but had a decent prize - some little girl won it (probably around 11-13) and was beasting everyone (there was some decent drivers there as well).

Back
Top Bottom