• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I pre-ordered a ryzen 5950x yesterday afternoon, any chance of getting it this year?

It's a bit concerning how people will blindly pre-order items without any clear idea of when they're going to receive the item.

A few weeks back I was considering pre-ordering an ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC, from OCUK. But I contacted them first to find out how long was the current queue also how many of the cards they are currently getting in each week.

OCUK told me thay had around 2000 of these cards on backorder and couldn't give me an estimate of when I would get the card if pre ordered.

I would caution people to only pre-order any highly sought-after PC Tech on the Day/Hour of the item being released.

Soldato
It's a bit concerning how people will blindly pre-order items without any clear idea of when they're going to receive the item.
It's the 'click and forget' convenience OCUK offers. All other retailers will also be receiving new stock, but only OCUK actually lets you pre-order and forget about it. With the other retailers you'd be checking back on their sites or waiting to stock emails continually.

Associate
It's the 'click and forget' convenience OCUK offers. All other retailers will also be receiving new stock, but only OCUK actually lets you pre-order and forget about it. With the other retailers you'd be checking back on their sites or waiting to stock emails continually.

Far point if you don't mind paying for an item then forgetting about it until some unknown day it eventually comes in stock.

The person I was replying too placed their pre order 5950x and was wondering if they will get it before Christmas.

I would also be tryjng to purchasing it elsewhere and if lucky cancel the OCUK pre-order.

Associate
Far point if you don't mind paying for an item then forgetting about it until some unknown day it eventually comes in stock.

The person I was replying too placed their pre order 5950x and was wondering if they will get it before Christmas.

I would also be tryjng to purchasing it elsewhere and if lucky cancel the OCUK pre-order.

thats what i plan to do, ive gone to a few sites to "notify me" then when they do i will cancel this order and buy it elsewhere

Associate
@UK_SPAWN Nice, what Motherboard are you getting?

Hmm im torn between the Gigabyte X570 aourus PRO or the B550 aourus PRO.

I think the X570 has better "smart" power stages, but the b550 has more amps power stages.

Also i cant find a up-to-date REV1.1/1.2 version of the x570 anywhere and when i ask retailers they are less than helpful and dont seem to even have a clue what versio nit is that they sell and are unwilling to check or claim they cant find out in any way...

So i think it may be the B550... it probably better anyway as i wont need the SLI, or the extra Gen4 chipset lanes but the smart VRM was something i was interested in. ive always gone for ASUS boards in the past but i think the Gigabyte has a lot of quality features. 2x copper 6-layer PCB, memory support upto 5200/5400MHz...

TLDR: B550 Aourus Pro i think

Associate
i currently have an X470 Asus Gaming F and its pretty good, id keep this if they would hurry with the BIOS updates but im going to give this and the 2600x to my 8 year old with my old 2060super and build it up for her for christmas.. her laptop isnt cutting it for rainbow6 siege etc

720p Low 30fps is harsh but she doesnt know any better and i didnt want to splash out on a system before i knew she would stick at gaming... but she loves it so... upgrade she can have!

Associate

or in other words - they are happy to take peoples money with no necessity to actually provide the service paid for anytime soon.

Associate
or in other words - they are happy to take peoples money with no necessity to actually provide the service paid for anytime soon.

Lol were you also whinging about the Nvidia launch or did I mix you up with the hundreds of other people who can't handle giving money away for a pre-order?

Instead of whinging to paying customers who are quite happy with the service (My 3080 just turned up), maybe go find another forum to whinge?

Associate
I ordered a 5900x (well, pre-ordered. They said they were out of stock) at 14:24 just as the site came up. Got the shipping info at about 15:00 and payment confirmed at about 19:00. Guess the bot protection was working full force and it arrived today. Don't give up friends! The queue may be shorter than you thought.

Associate
Well, I was reading their blog post that said they ordered 10000 units across all 4 processors. Give or take any that are lost or damaged in transit. I guess it's how fast they get to OCUK determines how fast they can get them shipped. Fingers crossed!

Associate
I ordered a 5900x at 14:07 on the 5th.
It says 'Order received - not yet shipped' and I never received an email on Friday with my queue number.

I also sent in a webnote on Friday about 4pm and haven't received any response yet.

I understand they are busy, it's just annoying not knowing what is going on.

Associate
It says 'Order received - not yet shipped' and I never received an email on Friday with my queue number.

I also sent in a webnote on Friday about 4pm and haven't received any response yet.

Hi mate I’m in the same position I called them up and they said they will email the queue number on Friday

Soldato

If any any consolation OcUK competitors are the same.
I ordered on the 5th at 14:00, paid for Saturday delivery at cost, received an email my delivery date was Sat 7th.... Then Friday I received an order status that it was a pre-order ETA 20/11
Called and spoke to someone, requested manager callback. Didnt get one
Called today and was told 20/11 may not even happen. The whole order system is a joke when websites become inundated with orders and 'who comes first'

Apple never have these problems with millions ordering iPhones online. The dates just change to 'available for X date' I guess it's down to the stock & order system and web servers/hosting

Back
Top Bottom