Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
43,000 volunteers immunised, 9 out of 10 went on to develop symptoms, 94 of those received the placebo - they've concluded 90% effectiveness. *BBC news interview.

Didn't really make sense...

Sorry but the sentence you wrote doesn't make sense, I'm not sure whether that is a reflection of the reporting or not.

edit:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-54869918
That’s because of the 43,000 volunteers immunised more than 9 in 10 of those who went on to develop coronavirus symptoms (and there were 94 of those) received the placebo, the dummy jab.

Its over 9 out of 10 of the 94 people with symptoms that recieved the placebo.

edit2 - also suspect that we don't really know from that that it is 90% effective... it is at least somewhat effective though which is good enough! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahhh, it just shows that time in the market and all that.

Anyone thinking of jumping onto any US stocks once they open, my feeling is the train has left but happy to hear some thoughts.

Soldato
Sat on cash. Was literally having a lunchtime nap and missed it all :o:rolleyes:

Also sat on some cash and missed the boat.

I always miss morning UK trading time as I'm in -4GMT. Usually when the US markets open up the FSTE and AIM (to a lesser extent) also take a nice bump up too. Not as much as the morning gains, but it doesn't mean you've missed the boat entirely.

For example. Barclays (a stock on my watchlist) was at 8% when I woke up. For fun I stuck a little on there. It's now 13%. Aviva (a stock I seem to constantly buy then dump) was 2%, it;s now 7.88%.

Caporegime
Yep. Aviva up 8 percent. Ezj up 30 percent.
Crazy. It's times like this I question whether to sell the ezj. That bounce is enormous and I'd say premature

Soldato
Sat on cash. Was literally having a lunchtime nap and missed it all :o:rolleyes:

Pretty hacked off with Trading 212 tbh. I transferred some funds yesterday, intending to buy this morning.

I got an email this morning saying there was an issue, which I've tried to resolve, but they've ceased responding to messages at all....so I've also missed today's boat.

I'm sure there'll be a pullback this week though....

Back
Top Bottom