Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
Same here too...was ingame, then mouse stopped working and I had that same connection issue error in Uplay (SurfShark VPN) , looks like they've done something to prevent VPN access

Man of Honour
Will be interested to see how the game performs at midnight, I had some horrendous screen tearing in that opening sequence and the graphics looked a bit, off..for want of a better word. Kind of, fuzzy around the edges, as if the antialiasing wasnt working right

Associate
Also having the same random crashes (while using Nord VPN).

On top of that, I think new Nvidia drivers are needed. My 3080 doesn't go above 220W. It runs as well as I'd expect an AC game to run...

Combat is the real issue though, don't know how but it feels much stiffer than Odyssey.

Soldato
Tbh WD:L crashes uplay on me all the time when messing with settings, so I don't know if it's necessarily due to the VPN here or it's just Ubisoft messing up things as usual.

Underboss
Full Ultra settings, 100% res scale on a 3600/2070s.

iUlVg1u.png

With some tweaks to settings that don't look like they change much

iLOFuDd.png

Not had a chance to play as I'm on my lunch break but seems beastly, should have an Nvidia driver soon?

Associate
A question for anyone playing early on a VPN is the game stable? I remember Odyssey crashing every 2 minutes and I had to underclock my memory just to fix the crashes...hoping this game is more stable

Underboss
Volumetric clouds I think have a fairly big impact, they did in Odyysey, and maybe Origins if it had them?

Yeah turned them down to 'High' from whatever the top settings was, the picture didn't show much in the way of a different between the top setting and 'High', same with Water at 'Ultra High' and 'High' and Shadows at 'Ultra High' and 'High'.

Soldato
Right switched back to expressvpn (which I usually use) and cancelled nordvpn and working flawlessly so clearly was an issue with nordvpn regarding the crashing to desktop due to connection issues. Teaches me for fixing what wasn't broken.

Man of Honour
I seem to definitely have something wrong with antialiasing, just seems like its not working at all, the screen almost looks like one of those old interlaced ones.

Seems to me that the graphics in the cutscenes is much worse than the graphics in the game proper, person could be really put off by the opening cutscene imo, if they dont wait and judge it on the ingame appearance

Man of Honour
@Tombstone check the res scaling, mine was set to 70% initially not 100% so everything looked a big blurry.

Yeah I noticed that one, I upped it from 70 to 100 before I began. Not sure why its happening, but the edges of objects etc dont just look jaggy, they look like they have lines through them, like interlacing or something. Its odd. I'll give it more of a proper try at midnight tonight when it unlocks properly

Back
Top Bottom