How much are you paying for your internet

Associate
Mines coming up for renewal feb next year. With talk talk and has been bomb proof on my 50ish sync. I’m paying £22.45 a month at the moment with them. Do talk talk over decent retention discount? I’m looking at Vodafone for £21.50 but also comes with £100 cashback with so much from Quidco and a £75 voucher from Vodafone.

Soldato
They absolutely offer retention discount but you may need to instigate a move to another provider to get the best deal.

I instigated a move to Plusnet earlier this year, a few days later I got a letter asking me to call for a better deal. I called and got a far better deal than a new customer using Quidco. They couldn’t lower the core monthly but offered bill credit instead and the faster option at zero cost. I can’t remember exactly how much I got but I certainly had at least 3 months with no bill, potentially a 4th, the following month had a small bill. I don’t remember the exact numbers but when I worked it out I was paying something in the receipt of £16-18/month over the life of the contract for the up to 80/20 speeds (my line is only capable of 44 mind...).

Either way it was better than moving to plusnet on a Quidco deal at the time.

~cw

~cw

Associate
Hyperoptic gigabit symmetric, £55 per month (12 months) + extras. Going monthly in December as will be moving in the new year. (sniff, goodbye Hyperoptic).

Backup ADSL2+ is NOW Broadband, £18 per month (12 months) deal through TopCashback - broadband (16 Mbit/sec) and landline including anytime calls to UK landlines and mobiles. Migrated away from PN where we had identical package including the anytime calls to landlines and mobiles, useful because our alarm uses the landline to ring us if it's triggered. Will probably go for alarm which uses GSM when we move.

Back
Top Bottom