Julliet Balcony vs Normal Window

Used to have them in our townhouse (middle floor Ie lounge)

They do a let a lot more light in and you do feel more attached to outside

They are obviously colder, and they open inwards so its a bit of a pain having to have enough space to be able to open them all fully ( ours were two doors wide like patio doors)

Standing there is pretty much the same as being actually outside, sitting not really

I probably wouldnt spec them myself If I was deciding what to put in

If you had a nice view (such as hot blond other side of the road ;) ) then maybe worth considering

Soldato
OP
Used to have them in our townhouse (middle floor Ie lounge)

They do a let a lot more light in and you do feel more attached to outside

They are obviously colder, and they open inwards so its a bit of a pain having to have enough space to be able to open them all fully ( ours were two doors wide like patio doors)

Standing there is pretty much the same as being actually outside, sitting not really

I probably wouldnt spec them myself If I was deciding what to put in

If you had a nice view (such as hot blond other side of the road ;) ) then maybe worth considering

cheers - its quite a nice view actually of the garden at the back and im fairly certain it will not be intrusive for other neighbours
got quite a private garden also with lots of trees around here.

(the fit blonde lives on the other side of the house but too far to see from here, but the good news is she has to walk past my place to get in and out of the road lol) she loves her tight jeans! proper show off.

Soldato
Our architect wanted to put one in our master bedroom when we built our house. I just couldn't get my head around what the point of them was and couldn't find anyone that could give me an answer as to any upsides to fitting one.

Yeah you get slightly more light in as there's more glass but you lose all the usefulness of the wall, we have my wife's dressing table in front of the window now and it'd have just made the room a really awkward shape for furniture otherwise.

Just my 2p

Soldato
OP
Our architect wanted to put one in our master bedroom when we built our house. I just couldn't get my head around what the point of them was and couldn't find anyone that could give me an answer as to any upsides to fitting one.

Yeah you get slightly more light in as there's more glass but you lose all the usefulness of the wall, we have my wife's dressing table in front of the window now and it'd have just made the room a really awkward shape for furniture otherwise.

Just my 2p

I guess it also depends on the size/layout of the room

not sure how big the room will be up there

Soldato
OP
1st floor looking partially over farmland and the South Downs.

Cost was quite a bit £900 for the glass and brackets £50 for resin and threaded bar £1000 to turn a window into an inward opening door plus all the labour

has it been worth it then?

Soldato
We have a glass one tbh it makes the room, summer is lovely laying on the bed tackle out enjoying the fresh air.

DuD2Rmw.jpg
Looks very similar to ours although we didn't go for the glass option. We were already way over budget for the extension and this was one of the compromises. Overall we're happy although personally I'd have had a normal window.

Back
Top Bottom