• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
A nice elderly man knocked on my door, poor man could barely walk and told me that dpd left a parcel that didn't belong to him at his house. So I headed over to collect it from him, dpd left it on a totally different road
20201109-160820.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I recon what you should do then is wait another 3-6 months and nvidia will release a 3070 or 3070Ti that will have 16gb and be more in your budget and give you the piece of mind you desire :)

Well that's' why I not so fussed that I a still 940 ish in the queue. Gives me time to see what might still happen and see if any games during this time need more than 10GB.

Have you had a chance to put the card through it's paces?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well that's' why I not so fussed that I a still 940 ish in the queue. Gives me time to see what might still happen and see if any games during this time need more than 10GB.

Have you had a chance to put the card through it's paces?
Just running benchmarks and demos at the moment. Will do a round up of everything here soon :)

Associate
A nice elderly man knocked on my door, poor man could barely walk and told me that dpd left a parcel that didn't belong to him at his house. So I headed over to collect it from him, dpd left it on a totally different road
See! Told you most people are good! Hope it's all you expect it to be!

Soldato
Anyone on the msi trio x, I flashed the evga ftw3 ultra bios and the rgb still works but you get no extra from it.
The Strix oc bios gets you massive gains.but the rgb turns off
I went from 11550 port royal to 12200 and core mhz from 1930 to 2130 - 2170

Associate
Anyone on the msi trio x, I flashed the evga ftw3 ultra bios and the rgb still works but you get no extra from it.
The Strix oc bios gets you massive gains.but the rgb turns off
I went from 11550 port royal to 12200 and core mhz from 1930 to 2130 - 2170
Didn't know you could do that. Is there a chance you could brick the card? Could you do that with a Ventus?

Soldato
You can flash a 3 pin card to a 2 pin card but as the card tries to pull power from 3 pins but only has 2 it lowers the power not raises it.

The ventus can handle over 400w no problem but the only way to get that power is by shunt modding.

Soldato
This arrived today. Just a heads up if you're ordered for a EKWB for the 3080/90 TUF they are in stock but the back plates aren't. I spoke to them yesterday and they were holding the block for the back plate to comes in, there is no eta on those yet. I asked them to ship the block and I'll fit the back plate when they arrive.

IMG-0563.jpg

Back
Top Bottom