• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not sure why people seem to think 1440p is so prevalent outside of pc monitor market.

Newsflash.

It isnt.

It isnt, but some people do use PC monitors to play on consoles.

The thing is, this is not something that needs sony to put in new hardware into the machine its a software configuration change. I remember my old xbox 360 supporting 1050p output so I could use my dell 2209wa at native resolution, Microsoft were doing this stuff a decade ago.

Also I expect more people use 1440p than 8k.

Soldato
Agree but it must be for a good reason.
We'll see later if it's a good thing if/when the Xbox network is brought to it's knees by all the new users/new consoles. :D

I think I've already got a full launch day bingo card:

Websites down, why can't they plan for this!!!11!
No tracking number, absolute joke! *10 minutes later* got tracking number, out for delivery, woohoo!
Omg I'm stop 5, he's at stop 2!
He's now at stop 4!
It's here!! *silence*

No doubt we'll be the same in a weeks time! :p

Pet Northerner
Don
What do you think of the odds of getting some of the new stock on the 19th? My sisters wee one (12 years old) wants one for Christmas but of course only decided this in Oct. All she plays is fifa on the xbox!

Failing that could I even get a PS4 these days?

get your best f5 fingers ready for about 8am on all the major sites.

Or find a bot

Soldato
Sounds like stock levels were really low for the Series S/X launch, this does not fill me with confidence for trying to get a PS5 next week. Demand will be higher for that so I think the chances of getting one are even slimmer if anything.

Soldato
Yeah I'll admit to feeling some trepidation in regards to PS5 delivery day - I have two coming so hopefully one will make it !

Soldato
Surely no-one is stupid enough to believe PS5 or Xbox Series X will run games at 8k. I will be impressed if they manage 4k 60 without the FPS dipping into the 30s (Which I don't think we will see on AAA titles until they release the upgraded versions of these consoles in 2-3 years)

1440p 120 fps might not be understood by many that only play using a console on a big tv but when you play games at that frame rate, especially FPS. It's game changing :)

Associate
Nearly Bought the LG CX 55" last week from currys for £1399, it had sold out when i got to the store, it can now be had for £1249! I am so tempted. Any reason to not get this? is it likely to go cheaper for black friday?

Caporegime
Surely no-one is stupid enough to believe PS5 or Xbox Series X will run games at 8k. I will be impressed if they manage 4k 60 without the FPS dipping into the 30s (Which I don't think we will see on AAA titles until they release the upgraded versions of these consoles in 2-3 years)

1440p 120 fps might not be understood by many that only play using a console on a big tv but when you play games at that frame rate, especially FPS. It's game changing :)

Yeh, no way these are playing high graphical quality/"next gen" games at 4k.

As you say, i think they will struggle with 4k 60fps in some cases. I mean look at watch dogs. An ostensibly last gen game that doesn't look THAT good, and it can only run at 4k 30fps.

I still expect a 'pro' type version of both consoles in a few years.

Soldato
Nearly Bought the LG CX 55" last week from currys for £1399, it had sold out when i got to the store, it can now be had for £1249! I am so tempted. Any reason to not get this? is it likely to go cheaper for black friday?

Unless you're desperate to change, I would wait another year. Every single HDMI 2.1 TV has issues with next gen content (120hz) currently.

Soldato
Unless you're desperate to change, I would wait another year. Every single HDMI 2.1 TV has issues with next gen content (120hz) currently.

Let's not overdo it.

DF reported absolutely no issue with the PS5 running HDMI 2.1 on the LG CX. PS5 does not support VRR so it's only currently an issue with it on the XSX, which does.

Soldato

Hopefully they see sense and by the time I get a ps5 next year or 2022 the 1440p option will be there.

Back
Top Bottom