• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I'm 108th for 5950x from competitors, order was confirmed at 14:02. I would have ordered from here, but you lads crashed, so if you want my future business, sort out your servers please ;)

Associate
Do we know whats the order backlog for 5950x on overclockers ? I have ordered one day after release day, got payment confirmation email but no queue info....

I was 67th in the queue for a 5950x. Order time recorded by the site was 14:45:36 on the 6th. So working out the queue may be possible. ~300 were sold on launch day at the time of Gibbo's post. Assume that number has gone up more slowly. We know that the "big" shipment (quoted below) of all CPUs generally includes between 10-30 5950x. With another 35 peices also being ordered.

Hi there

Still no update on the big shipments due this week but the following is coming:

5800X - 20pc from official distributor
5950X - 35pc 5950X due from none official and as such they cost us a lot more, but those who pre-ordered prices are always honoured, these are due end of week / next week.
5900X - 85pv from none official distributor and these cost us about £10 more than what we have sold them for, but were happy to lose £10 a CPU to get some customers their orders ASAP.
5800X - There was 50pc none official stock but these were £100 higher than what we sold the stock for and unfortunately we cannot afford to lose £100 per CPU.
5600X - 25pc none official distributor, again we lose on these but its only a few quid so happy to do so.

Our official stock of 300pc 5900X and 100pc each of 5800X and 5600X is still on its way to master distributor ear marked as this Wednesday so all being well will be with us this week and these CPU's do not cost us any additional premium. :)

The additional "large" order wasn't given in detail, but used gibbo's general amounts to account for losses, breakages in the chain of logistics.

Very small = Less than 10 units | Small = 10-30 units | OK = approx 50 units | Large = 75-100 units | Very large = 100+ | Dream = 250+
Source

In short:
5950X - Small (= 10-30 units) amount due next week, around 300 sold
5900X - Very large (= 100+) amount due end of next week, 1000 sold nearly.
5800X - Very large (= 100+) amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold
5600X - Very large (= 100+) amount due in around 10 days, 500 sold.
My additions in bold

Worst case. "Small" shipments at the lower end of the "small" range continues to drip in to OCuk. Could be anytime up to end of December for someone ordering a 5950x now, or even in to 2021.

Best case. Two or three weeks with an acceleration of stock availability ramping up over the next few weeks.

Associate
I'm 108th for 5950x from competitors, order was confirmed at 14:02. I would have ordered from here, but you lads crashed, so if you want my future business, sort out your servers please ;)
I agree but they have no incentive to if they sell out anyway with masses of pre-orders to boot!

Associate
@LordFeste thanks for the summary. I didn't even realise the numbers were so small. And I just spend half an hour arguing with people who still claim that 5000 series launch was great and it was not a paper launch :(

Associate
I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up on that.
Do any reviews show a 1080Ti beating a 3080?
It's gddr5 vs 6,its not a like for like downgrade.

I came from a 1080Ti FTW3, to a 3080 FTW Ultra. Its not been an issue for me, had it over a month now.

Let's say Ferraris latest car is faster than the previous, but has a smaller engine displacement. Does that make it worse? Not worth buying?
Or just more efficient?

Because it's very questionable that you will be able to max out settings (especially textures quality) in the coming years. £700 or more for a GPU is not a cheapo, midrange, full of compromises card where you accept the limitations because you didn't pay too much. It's supposed to be a new flagship that isn't even yet available for most people to buy and already watchdogs legion stated that for ultra 4k they require 11GB of VRAM (which later was "surprisingly" changed to 10GB). Other games are already on the verge, doom using just slightly below 10GB on ultra nightmare.
That doesn't really fill people with confidence and it also doesn't feel like you're buying flagship, more like midrange for £700.

Associate
I was 67th in the queue for a 5950x. Order time recorded by the site was 14:45:36 on the 6th. So working out the queue may be possible. ~300 were sold on launch day at the time of Gibbo's post. Assume that number has gone up more slowly. We know that the "big" shipment (quoted below) of all CPUs generally includes between 10-30 5950x. With another 35 peices also being ordered.

The additional "large" order wasn't given in detail, but used gibbo's general amounts to account for losses, breakages in the chain of logistics.

Source

My additions in bold

Worst case. "Small" shipments at the lower end of the "small" range continues to drip in to OCuk. Could be anytime up to end of December for someone ordering a 5950x now, or even in to 2021.

Best case. Two or three weeks with an acceleration of stock availability ramping up over the next few weeks.
Great summary thanks mate :)
I have an confirmation email on 6th 14:45 too ! but no email with queue number yet.

Rom

Rom

Associate
Be careful with the competition hints boys.

I got a ban Thursday evening until last night. For saying the town of a competitor!

Seems even though its widespread, the mods do actually see and act on it. Just a friendly heads up.

I got my 5900X on Friday afternoon. Ocuk never got past payment for me.
Cancelled my order elsewhere too, once I realised it was pre order, I looked elsewhere. Ended up buying 2.

Caporegime
Be careful with the competition hints boys.

I got a ban Thursday evening until last night. For saying the town of a competitor!

Seems even though its widespread, the mods do actually see and act on it. Just a friendly heads up.

I got my 5900X on Friday afternoon. Ocuk never got past payment for me.
Cancelled my order elsewhere too, once I realised it was pre order, I looked elsewhere. Ended up buying 2.
Yep I was banned on Friday too.

However, I’ve now served my time. I’m a Reformed man and ready to be re-introduced to forum society.

Truth be told, I do partly blame @WesleyBurns as I quoted one of his posts as well as mentioned the name of a town in England. :p

Stay safe people!

Rom

Rom

Associate
Because it's very questionable that you will be able to max out settings (especially textures quality) in the coming years. £700 or more for a GPU is not a cheapo, midrange, full of compromises card where you accept the limitations because you didn't pay too much. It's supposed to be a new flagship that isn't even yet available for most people to buy and already watchdogs legion stated that for ultra 4k they require 11GB of VRAM (which later was "surprisingly" changed to 10GB). Other games are already on the verge, doom using just slightly below 10GB on ultra nightmare.
That doesn't really fill people with confidence and it also doesn't feel like you're buying flagship, more like midrange for £700.

Fair points.
Is vram directly comparable though? Are you saying an 11gb 1080ti will run Watch Dogs better than a 10gb 3080?

As for Watch Dogs, it's junk! Fps is terrible, utilisation is very low. Loads of reports of it online. People getting sub 60 fps, gpus sat in 50% etc.

Rom

Rom

Associate
Yep I was banned on Friday too.

However, I’ve now served my time. I’m. Reformed man and ready to be re-introduced to forum society.

Truth be told, I do partly blame @WesleyBurns as I quoted one of his posts as well as mentioned the name of a town in England.

Stay safe people!

Yeah, I'm a new man too!

To be fair, it's clearly stated against the rules. I just copied so many others mentioning the town, or other hints etc.

Live and learn. Glad to be back though. Had my system built Fri night, couldn't ask anything etc all weekend.

Caporegime
Yeah, I'm a new man too!

To be fair, it's clearly stated against the rules. I just copied so many others mentioning the town, or other hints etc.

Live and learn. Glad to be back though. Had my system built Fri night, couldn't ask anything etc all weekend.
Yep it’s easy to get carried away in all the excitement.

congratulations you’re one of a lucky few. :)

Associate
To be fair, if ocUK wants the hints to competitor gone, they need to clean up their own act. The only reason I went with other guys was because ocUK crashed immediately clocks punched 2pm. I had them as 1st port of call, yet they let me down. I'm not gonna sit around and praise ocUK for their crappy preparation for launch day. It is what it is, either you man up and sort yourself out, or you lose customers, simple as that.

Soldato
Update from a competitor

What it fails to mention is how many chips are arriving each week, when and how many they had to start with.
If they had 1000 then i would be fine. If they only had 100 and get 100 a week or less then im in for a wait.
Luckily this was my backup plan and stock has been allocated to me awaiting delivery from a different competitor

Thank you for your custom. We're writing to give you an update on your pre-order:

Demand for the AMD Ryzen 5000 was extremely high, 10,000 people attempted to purchase, and our launch stock sold out within minutes. We are aware that some did not receive a notification once this initial stock had sold out and we switched to taking pre-orders, a notification should have occurred before completing your order and asked you to re-confirm. We are investigating why this happened and are looking improve this we are also developing a queue based system to make it a smoother experience for our customers. We apologise if you were affected by this. We are working with AMD to get the latest delivery information, we have been assured that there is stock coming over the next few weeks. Once we get confirmed dates and quantities we will update our Ryzen 5000 FAQ page and send our further email updates to give a estimated date for your order. We will also be updating the FAQ page daily, please check this page for the latest information https://bla.. the page also contains details of our pre-order promise and outlines the options available to you.

LN111443 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core AM4 CPU/Processor
Your current queue position is 589. We are working hard with our suppliers and partners to get an estimated arrival date, please watch your email for further updates.

All stock is allocated on a first come first serve basis, dates given are an estimate based on the latest information given to us by our suppliers and your queue position.

Any other items on your order have been reserved so that your order can be fulfilled as soon as the other items arrive. Should you require any further information or assistance, or wish to make any amendments to your order, please reply directly to this email.

Associate
So my backup order from a competitor just got updated - placed the order at 2:14pm, it was estimated for the 20th of November, but I just got an update saying I'm 1092nd in the queue. So I think it's unlikely it will be coming next week, I'll be cancelling it. Got my 5900X from OC on Saturday, but the second one was going to be taken(at original price, no scalping) by a friend - not with this queue length though :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom