• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What a load of kindergarten-level, pseudo-psychology twaddle.

Criticizing a company for not allowing reviews of a very hyped GPU before they go on sale is perfectly acceptable and it is extremely bizarre that you are suggesting otherwise.

It's pointless as well. There's nothing to stop you waiting for the reviews, and then the reviews have arrived before your make your purchase. The reviews have arrived before you make your sale, and that's all that's important for you as an individual. If you choose to do otherwise, that's up to you. Everyone gets to make that choice, but you are complaining about the choice you are in control of.

It's extremely bizarre to suggest that you don't get to choose when and where you buy what you want, based on criteria (such as reviews) that you yourself choose. What is forcing you to buy on launch day before you get to see the reviews? Your own lack of emotional control over a shiny new product that you want right now?

Caporegime
I'm not really getting your point. What is the issue with lifting the review embargo 24 hours before they are on sale as Nvidia have done for recent launches? It would be fair for all the reviewers and the customer would have enough time to look at number of reviews.
There was so little stock of CPUs (check the queue numbers being posted), looking at reviews would reduce you're chance of obtaining one.
I'm not sure why AMD persist in doing this, especially when have an excellent product.
There is no point. This is exactly what fanboys and apologist do to rationalize bad or consumer-unfriendly decisions from corporations that they for some reason feel loyalty to. There is no actual logic behind it.

It's pointless as well. There's nothing to stop you waiting for the reviews, and then the reviews have arrived before your make your purchase. The reviews have arrived before you make your sale, and that's all that's important for you as an individual. If you choose to do otherwise, that's up to you. Everyone gets to make that choice, but you are complaining about the choice you are in control of.

It's extremely bizarre to suggest that you don't get to choose when and where you buy what you want, based on criteria (such as reviews) that you yourself choose. What is forcing you to buy on launch day before you get to see the reviews? Your own lack of emotional control over a shiny new product that you want right now?

Ok, sure kiddo. :)

Associate
Steve Burke an AMD shill?

No. but take him out then, you still have Guru 3D, JayZ2Cents, Hardware Unboxed, Linus Tech Tips.... all have Zen 3 ahead of Intel in gaming, the only outlier are TPU and they admitted they need to look into their results because they are so different to all other big reviewers.

A Shill? hes very transparent and one of maybe 4 tubers I trust

People are tightly wound on this thread, it was a joke. :D

Soldato
There's a new techtuber Framechasers, and he goes into how the results are skewed as there is an inbalance in the testing methods via the cpu settings.
But tbh with gaming performance onpar with a 10900k and with the step up in productivity, the new Ryzen chips pretty much are the best value cpus for the majority of users.
It's all AMD really needed to do was to match the best Intel could do in gaming, and keep on upping their game with workplace performance.
Still makes me curious to what Intel's answer will be
He’s one of the worst nvidia/intel fanboys out there. He recently had a stream were he, just like jedifragger, thought that intel was better. His audience Advised him that it was not true, in the same manner posted here recently, by also linking him to another youtuber called I2Hard. Where he did an in-depth benchmark of zen3 vs intel. He banned anyone who said AMD was better in his live stream!!!! Then bragged about it in a YouTube video he made after his live stream!!!

He then proceeded to talk about I2Hard benchmark results as if he came up with the idea. Then blathered on about banning people that don’t explain exactly why AMD beats intel (however they did explain why by showing him the benchmark results).

After criticizing the benchmark results he realized that Zen 3 was actually faster. Failed to make the connection that zen does better with unranked ram. And tried to take credit for it after banning people who tried to tell him that.

Those videos were heavily down voted by those who are actually pro intel and nvidia. He is by far one of the worst individuals I’ve watched and will never watch his garbage filled emo again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who trusts Tech Jesus though, he's a shill.

Not so long ago people were saying he's an Intel shill now AMD appear to ahead he's an AMD shill?

People were saying he was anti-AMD only a week or so ago because he reviewed the AMD bike unfavourably. So which is it?!

People are tightly wound on this thread, it was a joke. :D

Uh, right.

Associate
Not so long ago people were saying he's an Intel shill now AMD appear to ahead he's an AMD shill?

People were saying he was anti-AMD only a week or so ago because he reviewed the AMD bike unfavourably. So which is it?!

Uh, right.

He's not a shill, he's just very opinionated sometimes and can become absorbed with a particular issue. Beyond that I trust him, he's not afraid to burn bridges.

Caporegime
He’s one of the worst nvidia/intel fanboys put there. He recently had a stream were he, just like jedifragger, thought that intel was better. They linked him to another youtuber called I2Hard were he did an in-depth review of zen3 vs intel. He banned anyone who said AMD was better in his live stream. Then bragged about it in a YouTube video he made after his live stream.

He then proceeded to talk about I2Hard benchmark results as if he came up with the idea. Then blathered on about banning people that don’t explain why AMD beats intel (however they did explain why by showing him the benchmark results).

After criticizing the benchmark results he realized that Zen 3 was actually faster. Failed to make the connection that zen does better with us ranked ram. And tried to take credit for it after banning people who tried to tell him that.

He is by far one of the worst individuals I’ve watched and will never watch his garbage filled emo again.

2K subs and looks like a complete prat ranting about how people who disagree with him have been banned for being idiots and then goes on to lay into other youtubers for their Intel numbers being lower than his, of course he has a bunch of screen shots where his Intel results are way higher than anyone and he claims he got them by running dual rank memory like Steve Burke did and his numbers are way higher than Steve's.

He boasts too much about using the ban hammer on those who disagree with him and is too desperate to poo poo on mainstream reviewers, this is a classic shill, he's looking for Intel sponsorship.

Edit, Youtube link removed, i'm not giving this prat any clicks.

Soldato
@humbug
You might be right about that intel sponsorship, ROFL.
And what’s funny is that I watched fanboys like that before. But weren’t as obvious as he is.

Don’t forget that you might regret doing that once he become famous /s
And no I’m not making this up. He actually, in part, said that in his video regarding people he banned.

Caporegime
@humbug
And what’s funny is that I watched fanboys like that before. But weren’t as obvious as he is.

And no I’m not making this up. He actually, in part, said that in his video.

I think he's looking for Intel sponsorship, probably emails all his videos to Intel, what he doesn't realize is he's just a prat and Intel wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Associate
He does seem to have a bias, and I know he's going to say Nvidia beat Big Navi, while running his 3080 with shunt mods and custom bios, but I know, I'm never going to mod my gpu past putting it under water and hitting a mild OC.

Soldato
@humbug

And no I’m not making this up. He actually, in part, said that in his video regarding people he banned.

It's funny how it varies by subject and the demographic the videos attract. I watch some less popular, drier subjects on YouTube and you get nice sensible content and we'll thought it polite comments. Anything PC or gaming related is a cesspit quite frequently :D

Soldato
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. It would be all complaints about paper launches and not having stock, along with price gouging and scalping.

If you're not happy, then don't buy until the reviews arrive. Being upset by it is a choice you make, unless you are not in control of your own emotions. You're just rationalising because you have no self control and are being driven by fear of missing out and what the marketing people want you to feel. There's no need for any of that.

I'm not sure how reviews a day or two before could be called a paper launch since its arriving the next day nor how it has anything to do with stock availability. Nvidia did that with the 3080 and no-one accused them of that the lack of stock issue doesn't have anything to do with reviews its more a logistics issue. The only card with reviews the same day was the 3090 and they did that because they wanted people to buy without seeing reviews. Because it was barely any faster and more than twice the price of a 3080.

And thats the point by the time the AMD reviews arrive it'll be too late to buy anything because they've sold out! So you're effectively buying blind, you're buying on faith alone. Well actually no theres the official benchmarks and I guess they want you buy based solely on that for the launch.

Nvidia could at least spin the marketing hype so that everyone barely noticed the reviews when they did finally arrive that they were power hungry room heaters and only an average generational jump over the previous none of that mattered because mindshare was established and everyone decided they wanted one by that point. AMD doesn't have that kind of skill in marketing.

Soldato
It's funny how it varies by subject and the demographic the videos attract. I watch some less popular, drier subjects on YouTube and you get nice sensible content and we'll thought it polite comments. Anything PC or gaming related is a cesspit quite frequently :D

IMO, they’ve becoming narcissistic trying to override their insecurities.

Associate
No he’s a shill we’ve been through this already
:D

"Shrug" I don't think he is. Doesn't really matter, if people are sensible they go to multiple sources for news anyway.

I must admit to being turned off a lot of the youtubers lately. The sheer number of cards they have been going through when no one else can get them just seems a bit... tone deaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom