• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Question to all the guys who ordered 2+ consoles, what are you doing with the spare one's? it seems me ordering only one console I am in the minority..

I ordered two as a backup in case one place didn't come through knowing that I'd sell the second one on to a mate (at RRP obviously). I got lucky as at first ShopTo said I wouldn't get one on day one but Amazon suggested I would. ShopTo then offered me one for day one which I took and it's a good thing I did as that should be here today, whereas the Amazon one still shows it as being in Milton Keynes as of 11pm last night with no movement whatsoever. I've never had tracking out for that long, but I guess it's still possible it'll turn up.

Soldato
It doesnt look that small to me, not everyone has large empty floor space to put it down on, if you have a narrow gap say e.g. 4 inches tall, how does it fit in? But granted it does seem smaller than it looked in review videos.

I had my old One S side on next to my TV and the Series X takes up less space next to the TV. I've got mine on an IKEA Kallax unit.

Soldato
Folk on AVFORUMS reporting being told by Amazon that the delays are due to the console now being out of stock. What a mess.

I think the ones delayed by one day are not stock, I think amazon over committed their warehouse and logistics, by trying to ship everything the night before, was never going to end well.

The people with longer delays like someone on here has a friday date, yeah that sounds like stock.

I wont be using amazon for next hardware launch.

Soldato
It takes less than 10 seconds to do the same between the internal SSD and external official memory expansion.

That's some crazy speeds! In fairness mine was about 30 seconds. I didn't really pay attention the first time but just moved it back over to the NVMe and back to the internal again for a laugh!

Man of Honour
I bought it separately a few weeks back, just thought it fitting to put in with the new console!

:D:p

I love it. Very tempting. My wife might kill me. I'm hoping the X is reasonably small as it is.

It takes less than 10 seconds to do the same between the internal SSD and external official memory expansion.

Makes you think about the next generation and where we're moving to. Crazy speeds.

Soldato
Anyone order from Argos? how did it go and who delivered it?

I ordered from Argos. Had no issues overall. Their website was super flaky on the day of order but everything else has been fine. Not sure who delivered it really. The guy had a DHL fleece on but was driving a UK Mail van :p

But seeing as they are one in the same company it doesent really matter to me.

After todays performance I am reassured that my ps5 pre order from Argos will also be a success.

I think paying up front so early on has perhaps had a bearing on the stock allocation and management. But maybe I got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom