Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks guys..

I do have instant on "on". So can I turn it off manually and it will still download in the off state?

also - what if the game is a physical disc? Will it still work?:confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Had some issues with HDR and my AVR but sorted now. Console is pretty nice/solid and I ended up getting AC:V download key from amazon and meh the first bit just seems a bit jaggy with interactions as the kid only 10 mins in but the last of us 2 has spoilt me with how games can be. Hoping it improves and will get some other games queued up

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Just discovered that the X/S no longer have IR blasters - which sucks as I can now no longer control the volume on my soundbar via the Xbox remote... Going to have to go dig around the loft and see if I find the separate remote. Bit crap that they've removed that feature as I've found it really useful!

Associate
Thanks guys..

I do have instant on "on". So can I turn it off manually and it will still download in the off state?

Yes if you turn it off via the controller, i.e. hold down xbox button and turn off, the downloads will continue. One caveat, looks like the servers may be dropping - just turned mine back on and it can't sign in

Soldato
Just discovered that the X/S no longer have IR blasters - which sucks as I can now no longer control the volume on my soundbar via the Xbox remote... Going to have to go dig around the loft and see if I find the separate remote. Bit crap that they've removed that feature as I've found it really useful!

You sure? I read somewhere that they've hidden them inside the controller pairing buttons.

Soldato

It has an IR (maybe just an emitter maybe) built into the sync button at the front.

Soldato
Just setup my new Sonos beam for the gaming setup on tv, pretty good deal for a refurb for £240. Looked new to me.

On a side note there seems to be a lot of logging in and spinning bars. Have to login and create an account to play a game I’ve paid for (Ubisoft ac V) taking ages, now MS log in servers messed up and can’t sign into my account just staring a blank screen!

teething problems so meh

HeX

HeX

Soldato
You sure? I read somewhere that they've hidden them inside the controller pairing buttons.

It's got a receiver but not an emitter. So the remote still works for controlling the dashboard and apps, but it can't control other devices unless they are HDMI-CEC enabled... which mine aren't as I'm using a 1440p monitor with a soundbar. :(

Soldato
It's got a receiver but not an emitter. So the remote still works for controlling the dashboard and apps, but it can't control other devices unless they are HDMI-CEC enabled... which mine aren't as I'm using a 1440p monitor with a soundbar. :(

Got you.

Can't say I'm hugely surprised TBH. My 2008 TV has HDMI-CEC. Just like the decision to remove the optical port, it'll only be a problem for a select few.

Caporegime
I’ve noticed that quick resume does work but games aren’t labelled as being in a saved state. When I fired AC:V back up after playing something else I got the prompt to quick resume and it worked perfectly. Would be useful if there was a way of seeing which games have a saved stage.

Anyone tried Control Ultimate on the X?

Back
Top Bottom